What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Do calibration weights need to be traceable or ISO certified?

Started by , Oct 17 2023 04:58 PM
4 Replies

Hi everyone,

We are getting our plant ready for a CFIA audit in order to go federal. I am currently working on our scale calibration program and I was wondering for verification and calibration of our scales, do we need reference weights that are traceable/ISO certified or regular weights could work? I am also planning to get our scales calibrated once a year externally.

Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Reference document for setting oven calibration frequency Which microbials should a pre-packaged food be tested for to be GFSI certified? Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? Calibration Certificate Expiration Metal Detector Validation vs Calibration
[Ad]

As long as you have an external company do annual verifications with certified weights, you can use standard weights without a certificate for inhouse checks

3 Likes1 Thank

You can also have your calibration service provider provide a certificate that your internal weights are within tolerance to the certified weights they use for the scale calibrations.  That way you know that the weights you are using are appropriate.  

3 Likes1 Thank

We calibrate our weights every year, along with the scales (external calibration service)

1 Like1 Thank

Just a note:   

Double check the variance for your finished good size          no sense having scales accurate to say 0.01g if your finished good weighs 2000 g 

1 Like1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Reference document for setting oven calibration frequency Which microbials should a pre-packaged food be tested for to be GFSI certified? Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? Calibration Certificate Expiration Metal Detector Validation vs Calibration (11.2.10.2) Calibrated equipment found out of calibration GFSI Certified and Allergen Free Repacking Is there a database of IFS certified companies? Different recipes for different weights of the same product brand Infrared Thermometer Calibration