What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRCGS 3.5.5 - Non Conformance for not scheduling audits based on risk assessment

Started by , Oct 20 2023 12:17 PM
6 Replies

We recently (yesterday) finished our unannounced BRC packaging 6 audit during which we received a NC for our internal 

auditing system, under clause 3.5.5, we carry out internal audits on a monthly basis and process audits on an annual basis, the NC

was for the audits not being scheduled on a Risk based analysis. A couple of questions has anyone else fallen foul to this one and if so

do you have a RA template you would like to share.

TIA 

Ian

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
BRCGS 5.4.1 Process control BRCGS Haulier Transport Questionnaire BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 BRCGS 8.1.2 - Cooked Crustacea High Risk-High Care BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire?
[Ad]

Safefood 360 has a great risk assessment outline for use with internal auditing, just make sure the risk assessment is complete and transparent to each standard section using emphasis on fundamentals within the clause.

https://safefood360....wnload_resource

Attached is a fictitious RA  for audit frequency example.  It is also not for packaging,  but i think you will get the idea.   Just an idea

Attached Files

1 Like

I just include the word "risk" in my justification for frequency in annual audit plan.

Attached is a fictitious RA  for audit frequency example.  It is also not for packaging,  but i think you will get the idea.   Just an idea

That looks remarkably familiar   :secret:  ;)

We recently (yesterday) finished our unannounced BRC packaging 6 audit during which we received a NC for our internal 

auditing system, under clause 3.5.5, we carry out internal audits on a monthly basis and process audits on an annual basis, the NC

was for the audits not being scheduled on a Risk based analysis. A couple of questions has anyone else fallen foul to this one and if so

do you have a RA template you would like to share.

TIA 

Ian

Hi Ian,

A simple matrix as posted above should be fine to fulfil the requirements. Attached is a combined RA/ schedule based on the risk. It is always good to add a column for comments on your risk assessment, I do that on a separate sheet in a remarkably similar format to the file posted by kingstudruler1  :smile:

BRCGS Packaging Issue 6 Audit Plan with Risk Rating.png   923.01KB   0 downloads

You don't need to carry out as many audits as the schedule shown but obviously you should prioritise based on risk.

Kind regards,

Tony

We received a non-conformance on this section as well.  Part of the NC was due to our risk assessment only listing Likelihood, Severity, and overall scores with justification details.  We were assessing it as a generalized failure (L/S) of the category and didn't have specific criteria laid out in the assessment, so we were dinged on that.  

What they had "seen done in other facilities"  was listing quality, legality, authenticity, integrity, performance, financial gain, food safety, non-conformances -  each with their own subsections of criteria to consider. Some of which were considered in the assessment but weren't specifically detailed on the RA.  Something to consider.

1 Like

Why are GFSI schemes starting to become you must risk assess everything?  Risk assessing your internal audit schedule now?!  Seems a bit of an over reach to me.  I just don't get it...

Similar Discussion Topics
BRCGS 5.4.1 Process control BRCGS Haulier Transport Questionnaire BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 BRCGS 8.1.2 - Cooked Crustacea High Risk-High Care BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire? Are there any new clauses in BRCGS packaging version 6 Adding new building to BRCGS Issue 6 Certification BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test? BRCGS Finished Goods Traceability BRCGS 5.4.4 - Food Fraud Risk