What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Strip Curtains height and length

Started by , Oct 30 2023 11:34 AM
3 Replies

what should be the correct height and length of strip curtaind in food industry.?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
QAC Test Strip Checking Record Any recommendation for sulfite strip or kit for testing food contact surfaces? Hygiene of Strip curtains Does fitting a strip curtain in a dock door allow it to be left open? Production Strip Doors Leading into Warehouse - SQF Acceptable?
[Ad]

A) the need to be on your sanitation schedule--they cannot be a source of contamination   A high speed roll up door is a better solution

B) whatever works for your facility

Height & Length depend on the height and length of the door. Ensure that the strip curtain touch the floor. Gap between strip curtain and floor provides easy entrance for the pests and insects.

I'd skip the curtain as they are sanitation intensive and get damaged a lot.

I'd go with a speed roll up door that has a bottom "boom" that is filled with a non-toxic gel substance where when it contacts the floor there is little if any chance of a mouse, rat, snake etc from transverse under it.  

Over the years I have seen in my travels that most places that have air curtains/air strips have replaced them with this type of door.

Similar Discussion Topics
QAC Test Strip Checking Record Any recommendation for sulfite strip or kit for testing food contact surfaces? Hygiene of Strip curtains Does fitting a strip curtain in a dock door allow it to be left open? Production Strip Doors Leading into Warehouse - SQF Acceptable? Do we need strip curtains if the warehouse doors are rapid close? BRC 6.4.3 - What does it mean by metal detectable strip? SL series Low profile LED Strip Light for food industry Controlling Bolts during strip down