What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Glass Policy and SOP

Started by , Nov 01 2023 05:24 AM
3 Replies

I need to establish Glass/Brittle Plastic Policy in my small Food processing company. Need some assitance regaring SOP. Please help

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Glass Registry BRCGS 4.9.3 Glass, brittle plastic, ceramics, and similar Glass and Hard plastic check Glass and Brittle Plastic Register
[Ad]

Hi, 

See doc attached 

;)

Attached Files

2 Likes1 Thank

Hi Manoj,

SOP can cover the following points:

1. Glass material shall be stored in boxes with separators to minimize breakage in the store.
  2. All glass/brittle plastic breakage shall be reported immediately to the Production Manager to ensure complete clean up and inspection.
  3. Remove large pieces of glass/brittle plastic by hand (must wear gloves) and place in garbage.
  4. Sweep up the rest of the glass/brittle plastic shards in the area.
  5. Wash all affected areas thoroughly with water.
  6. Area must be checked by Production Supervisor before resuming work in the area.
  7. After clean up, all tools (brooms, brushes and gloves) and employees’ shoes must be cleaned outside of the processing area to prevent further contamination.
  8. Production Supervisor shall record the details in the Glass and Brittle Plastic Log.
1 Like1 Thank

I would avoid "sweeping" and use the term "vacuum". Sweeping can be interpreted as using a broom which can spread broken glass even more. We also add all employees involved with the breakage or cleanup be listed on the daily shift report and the Food Safety Manager and Quality Manager be emailed to provide a clear recording and paper trail.

Similar Discussion Topics
Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Glass Registry BRCGS 4.9.3 Glass, brittle plastic, ceramics, and similar Glass and Hard plastic check Glass and Brittle Plastic Register Glass and Brittle Plastic Inventory (form) Do we need to add plastic cat trap to our Glass and Brittle Plastic controls? Reference Standards for Glass Bottle Manufacturing Glass Receptacle X-ray Validation for special-risk group population Glass and breakable plastic control frequency