What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF Unannounced audit window

Started by , Nov 06 2023 09:19 PM
8 Replies

We're completing our application for our unannounced audit.

Our 2022 Audit was completed the end of March this year.  
The "Window"  they gave us was the end of December - the end of April 2024.  
I thought it was 30 days on either side of your last audit, which for us, would be  late Feb-April 2024. 

So, what is the audit window supposed to be?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Organic Audit: mass balance audits Mandatory RCA for Internal Audit NCs? FSSC v6.0 internal audit AIB audit scoring and audit checklist What Audit Software are you using?
[Ad]

I think it is 30 days from either side of your recertification date (which is the same date every year). So it's 30 days before and 30 days after whatever that date is on your certification. 

I think it is 30 days from either side of your recertification date (which is the same date every year). So it's 30 days before and 30 days after whatever that date is on your certification. 

That's my thinking as well.  So if our audit was March 28, 2023, our window would be Feb. 28 - April 28, 2024

Wondering why they gave us a window of Dec 28 - April 26.  That's 120 days,  not 60.

(yes, 2022 was a typo in my original post, should be 2023)

Within 30 days on each side of your INITIAL AUDIT ANNIVERSARY DATE.

From the code:

Unannounced Audit: A re-certification audit that is conducted once every three (3) years and thirty (30) days on either side the initial certification anniversary date without prior notice to the SQF certified site.

Your CB can take that 4-month window and shove it... aside.

1 Thank

That's my thinking as well.  So if our audit was March 28, 2023, our window would be Feb. 28 - April 28, 2024

Wondering why they gave us a window of Dec 28 - April 26.  That's 120 days,  not 60.

(yes, 2022 was a typo in my original post, should be 2023)

Yeah, that doesn't add up.

The protocol for SQF unannounced re-certification audits is as follows:
■ The unannounced food safety audit occurs within the sixty (60) day re-certification window (i.e.,
the anniversary date of the initial certification audit +/- thirty (30) days);

They've quoted you BRC audit window...........I'd ask for clarification quoting the code

1 Like

They've quoted you BRC audit window...........I'd ask for clarification quoting the code

Agreed. Your CB likely has their unannounced audit windows mixed up. It would be best to request clarification. 

Yes, they fixed it.
Thanks!

Similar Discussion Topics
Organic Audit: mass balance audits Mandatory RCA for Internal Audit NCs? FSSC v6.0 internal audit AIB audit scoring and audit checklist What Audit Software are you using? Tips for upcoming NSF Certification Audit How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Shadow Witness Audit Request First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Help with ISCC EU Audit