What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRCGS Packaging Materials Issue 6 Feedback - Public Consultation

Started by , Nov 29 2023 03:15 AM
4 Replies

Hi Everyone,

BRCGS have announced a Packaging Materials Issue 6 Feedback - Public Consultation:

To support this revision, the consultation period for feedback on Issue 6 of the Standard is open until 31 December 2023. We encourage comments from national and international stakeholders representing packaging/packaging materials manufacturers, industry trade associations, regulators, retailers, food service companies, brand owners, certification bodies and independent technical experts. You can download and complete the Packaging Materials Issue 6 consultation feedback form and email your comments to brcgs.enquiries@lgcgroup.com

Kind regards,

Tony

1 Thank
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
BRCGS 5.4.1 Process control BRCGS Haulier Transport Questionnaire BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 BRCGS 8.1.2 - Cooked Crustacea High Risk-High Care BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire?
[Ad]

Tony-C

I'm confused. The current issue for BRCGS Packaging Materials is Issue 6 so what are they looking for on Feedback? What needs to change for the next issue?

Thank you!

Hi MlissaB,

I can understand your confusion, previously when the standards were owned by the British Retail Consortium (BRC), a draft new issue was released for comment.

Since the takeover of the former BRC standards by LGC it appears that their consultations request comments on improvements/changes to the current version. This is probably a reflection of the loss of expert BRC resources in the takeover.

Kind regards,

Tony

1 Like1 Thank

Hi MlissaB,

I can understand your confusion, previously when the standards were owned by the British Retail Consortium (BRC), a draft new issue was released for comment.

Since the takeover of the former BRC standards by LGC it appears that their consultations request comments on improvements/changes to the current version. This is probably a reflection of the loss of expert BRC resources in the takeover.

Kind regards,

Tony

I appreciate the clarification. The "old" way is what I've seen with many of the other standards I'm familiar with also. I thought this may be the case but wanted to make sure before sharing with our team!

This is a public consultation on what worked well and what didn't work well whilst BRCGS develop issue 7.

For clarity this is all about the development of the new version of the Standard. Unfortunately I am not able to share a timeline with you, but I can confirm that any comments made will reviewed by the technical working group when developing the new version - so please do get them in!

Similar Discussion Topics
BRCGS 5.4.1 Process control BRCGS Haulier Transport Questionnaire BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 BRCGS 8.1.2 - Cooked Crustacea High Risk-High Care BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire? Are there any new clauses in BRCGS packaging version 6 Adding new building to BRCGS Issue 6 Certification BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test? BRCGS Finished Goods Traceability BRCGS 5.4.4 - Food Fraud Risk