What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Pasteurizing Chilli Relish to extend shelf life

Started by , Nov 29 2023 04:07 AM
5 Replies

We have a chilli relish which is a cold blend, it needs to be refrigerated after bottling to retard the natural fermentation process that chilli goes through. We are looking at the possibility of pasteurizing to give shelf life without the need of refrigeration, my question, is this possible ?
Who can I speak to who could assist with this.
We are also looking to upscale and need assistance in tweaking the recipe so that in bulk production we don’t lose the color, texture and taste.

We have a chilli relish which is a cold blend, it needs to be refrigerated after bottling to retard the natural fermentation process that chilli goes through. We are looking at the possibility of pasteurizing to give shelf life without the need of refrigeration, my question, is this possible ?
Who can I speak to who could assist with this.
We are also looking to upscale and need assistance in tweaking the recipe so that in bulk production we don’t lose the color, texture and taste.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Pasteurizing Juices
[Ad]

Hi Shaun,

After pasteurization the color will be affected.

Not sure, but HPP may not have these effects.

Not sure, but HPP may not have these effects.

Hi there, thx for the response, what is HPP ?
Excuse my ignorance but I am not a food technologist or scientist so the acronym’s used go straight over my head

Hi there, thx for the response, what is HPP ?
Excuse my ignorance but I am not a food technologist or scientist so the acronym’s used go straight over my head

Hi Shaun, HPP stands for HIGH PRESSURE PROCESSING - it is a process that involves cold water instead of heat but under very high pressure.

Eurofins provides a good explanation on their website - here it is...

https://www.eurofins...ure-processing/

Similar Discussion Topics
Pasteurizing Juices