What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What is the correct order of sieve, magnet and metal detector?

Started by , Dec 05 2023 04:35 PM
7 Replies

Hello,

we are starting a new project of bulk loading and we would like to put sieve, metal detector and magnets

What's the correct order of those barrier to have the best protection?

Magnets, then sieve and after metal detector?

or we have to put sieve firstly and then metal detector+ magnets?

Thank you for your help

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
False Positive Metal Detection Reject Metal Detection - is it a Monitoring Activity or a CCP? Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces
[Ad]

Metal detector should be the final step.
And I would say the magnets first. This prevents damages of the sieves.

1 Like

Is this for dry goods or liquids?  Is the sieve intended to filter product to size, or merely a catch for FM?  I ask because I started my career in a spice/vegetable milling facility, and we used sifter boxes to achieve the ordered powder or granular sizing, so oversized product would get kicked out to rerun through the mill and too fine/small material would be separated to go into other product.  Because of that, we couldn't state the sifting process was applicable to FM, especially as it came in after milling.

Ideally, I'd say the magnet first, sieve and MD last if the hazard you're concerned with is metal FM.  If you're concerned about other FM as well in this bulk product, the sieve might become a CCP.

Magnet- Sieve - Metal Detector, is the correct order.

Is this for dry goods or liquids?  Is the sieve intended to filter product to size, or merely a catch for FM?  I ask because I started my career in a spice/vegetable milling facility, and we used sifter boxes to achieve the ordered powder or granular sizing, so oversized product would get kicked out to rerun through the mill and too fine/small material would be separated to go into other product.  Because of that, we couldn't state the sifting process was applicable to FM, especially as it came in after milling.

Ideally, I'd say the magnet first, sieve and MD last if the hazard you're concerned with is metal FM.  If you're concerned about other FM as well in this bulk product, the sieve might become a CCP.

Hello,

this is for dry goods (gluten)

the sieve is to remove all the FM with a size of 2 mm

we are concerned by differents types of hazards (plastic, insects, metallic particles...)

Sieve is a CCP and we put metal detector + magnets to be sure that we cover all risks

Thanks 

Magnet- Sieve - Metal Detector, is the correct order.

Hello

Why magnet before sieve?

our sieve is 2mm and will remove all the FM 

Thanks

Hello,

this is for dry goods (gluten)

the sieve is to remove all the FM with a size of 2 mm

we are concerned by differents types of hazards (plastic, insects, metallic particles...)

Sieve is a CCP and we put metal detector + magnets to be sure that we cover all risks

Thanks 

I'd suggest making the sieve the last step in your flow if you've determined the sieve is the only CCP.  If MD kicks out metal after your CCP, you're documenting that the CCP was ineffective at removing the metal and that the sieve is ineffective.

1 Thank

I'd suggest making the sieve the last step in your flow if you've determined the sieve is the only CCP.  If MD kicks out metal after your CCP, you're documenting that the CCP was ineffective at removing the metal and that the sieve is ineffective.

Correct way of thinking.

Similar Discussion Topics
False Positive Metal Detection Reject Metal Detection - is it a Monitoring Activity or a CCP? Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces Metal detector rejects Metal detectable Infrared thermometer? Metal Detector Validation vs Calibration Metal Detector Validation Can you get SQF Certification without a Metal Detector?