What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Metal detector and packaging with aluminium

Started by , Dec 15 2023 02:19 PM
4 Replies

Hello Community,

We have  a metal detector on our packing line.

But because sometimes we use packaging with alu foil, we disconnect it.

How do you manage this on your HACCP plan ?

Is it possible to have a metal detector considered as a CCP only for product without alu foil ?

Or do you think it requires to have a different HACCP study, depending on the packaging type ?

Thanks !

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
False Positive Metal Detection Reject Metal Detection - is it a Monitoring Activity or a CCP? Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces
[Ad]

Have you been in touch with the detector company to ask if your detector can be set up to discriminate aluminum but continue to detect others?

A lot better than turning off the machine, which I noted in a factory that I inspected once upon a time and it was that one thing that resulted in the report being red lined. 

Hello, 

We had a similar problem (metal foil for biscuits) 

Get in touch with MD company, they will find out if the current are capable. If able to adjust, they will recommend different types of MD sticks. Then you should do a validation with different products (size, density etc) 

;) 

If none of the MD calibration remedies work out for you, you'll need a separate HACCP plan for aluminum trayed items.  Your current HA must require a CCP for metal control, so you'll need to design a flow that still accounts for the metal hazard, such as metal detecting product prior to packaging.  You'd have to establish there is no metal potential between your MD and packaging process to justify such a move, but I've done it in the past.

I would like to propose the installation of a metal detector before the packing stage.

Similar Discussion Topics
False Positive Metal Detection Reject Metal Detection - is it a Monitoring Activity or a CCP? Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces Metal detector rejects Metal detectable Infrared thermometer? Metal Detector Validation vs Calibration Metal Detector Validation Can you get SQF Certification without a Metal Detector?