What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Hazard of Using Aluminum Foil as Packaging Material

Started by , Jan 23 2024 05:56 AM
5 Replies

Hi all,

What kind of hazard that possibly occur if we use aluminum foil as packaging material and what is the preventive measure?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Flow Charts and Hazard Analysis SQF 2.4.3.7 - Hazard Analysis FSVP Hazard Analysis Hazard Analysis - Preservative Is it true that the final step to control a significant hazard shall be a CCP?
[Ad]

hi :)

a few things to consider ; 

I am guessing it will be a primary packaging 

- What kind of product will be inside, this might affect product quality within the shelf life 

- supplier packaging approval this will help to prevent food safety issues (migration etc) 

- think about metal detector, this is quite common as it will fail CCP, what you will do instead

;) 

1 Thank

Acidic/alkaline foods could react with and damage the aluminium

Metal detectors might not be effective (Xray would work)

If you are using a thin foil it could be easily damaged, creating FB's and no seal on product.

Plastic coated foil could help with reactivity and strength

The acid in the foods can react with the aluminum in food packaging, causing the metal to be released into the food. This poses a potential health risk.

hi :)

a few things to consider ; 

I am guessing it will be a primary packaging 

- What kind of product will be inside, this might affect product quality within the shelf life 

- supplier packaging approval this will help to prevent food safety issues (migration etc) 

- think about metal detector, this is quite common as it will fail CCP, what you will do instead

;)

Hi, thanks for your help! But our supplier unable to provide test report, what should i do?

Hi, thanks for your help! But our supplier unable to provide test report, what should i do?

sounds like a poor supplier, how did your score such supplier in your risk assessment? 

Similar Discussion Topics
Flow Charts and Hazard Analysis SQF 2.4.3.7 - Hazard Analysis FSVP Hazard Analysis Hazard Analysis - Preservative Is it true that the final step to control a significant hazard shall be a CCP? Hazard Analysis and identification of raw material and ingredients Hazard assessment methodology in food for determining CCP or OPRP? Salmonella testing for Candies and Marshmallow as per CFIA and FDA hazard identification Hazard Analysis of raw material ingredients Unforeseen Hazard of a Power Outage