What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is PVC walls with colorful printout on them suitable for raw materials storage?

Started by , Jan 24 2024 02:46 PM
5 Replies

Hi,

I have questioned one of the manufacturing sites about their walls in raw materials storage area. It is a PVC wall with printed meadow on it. For me, it is not easy to detect dirt on this wall, hence why i think it is not suitable for RM storage wall. 

What is your view on it ?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Packaging Materials Issue 7 Draft Traceability for Packing Materials Pecan, Almond and Other Nut Storage Warehouse storage practice for Non-GMO Project Skip Lot Program For Raw Materials
[Ad]

If your raw materials are stored properly packed and kept distanced from the walls, and if your PVC walls are not flaking I don't see hazard.

1 Like

I agree with olenazh that it's a little nit-picky to ask them to repaint the wall just because it's hard to detect dirt on it. If they're storing their RM properly there shouldn't be a lot of product being flung onto the walls. I would be more concerned with having a plain white wall in a processing room where it's common for debris to get everywhere. 

It may be more productive for you to think about: How often is the wall (and the RM room in general) cleaned? How can I verify that the wall is indeed clean? A lot of areas in a food production plant get cleaned routinely even if they aren't "visibly dirty". In that sense, a routine cleaning schedule makes the color of the wall less relevant. If an auditor is upset with the design of the wall you can point to your cleaning history and swab results.

1 Like

Hi,

I have questioned one of the manufacturing sites about their walls in raw materials storage area. It is a PVC wall with printed meadow on it. For me, it is not easy to detect dirt on this wall, hence why i think it is not suitable for RM storage wall. 

What is your view on it ?

Can't be any worse than wooden pallets stacked above each other in racking.  

A few of our warehouse areas have patches of wall painted in company colors for team spirit or whatever.  Product and ingredients aren't allowed to be 'open' in those areas, so it doesn't bother me.

2 Likes1 Thank

If no flaking then it is OK but better to opt for light colour wall.

Hi

Thanks all ..My point was that they are going to storage raw materials in the room where the walls is ( the factory is only just setting up) and raw materials include liquids etc so if there is any accidental spillage on the wall printed with colorful flowers it might them be difficult to see. 

As mentioned above, factory is just setting up so difficult to say of the paint will be flaking.. But thank you all for your opinions!

Similar Discussion Topics
Packaging Materials Issue 7 Draft Traceability for Packing Materials Pecan, Almond and Other Nut Storage Warehouse storage practice for Non-GMO Project Skip Lot Program For Raw Materials How to build a raw materials sampling plan? What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility? BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 Customers want to rent our storage to store their products Warehouse Storage Practices