What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What are the elements that need to be included in the final product specification?

Started by , Feb 01 2024 12:44 AM
5 Replies

What are the elements that needs to be included in the final product specification? Our product is dumpling with two dipping sauces.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Any food product naming policy in EU? Microbiological specification dairy products Product Labelling Guideline - Russia Inquiry about food safety culture elements Steel-it epoxy paint for equipment product-contact surfaces
[Ad]
1 Thank

State the desired appearance, texture, and color of the final food product.

Outline the microbial limits that the final food product must meet to ensure safety.

Mention the permissible limits of various chemical parameters for the product.

1 Like1 Thank

Hi ;) 

From buyers & customers and technical  perspective ; 

- Product Code

- Product name 

- Recipe Number

- Product Legal name 

- Final Weight / Average weight 

- Ingredients Listing 

- Product Breakdown (Ingredient, % and origin) 

- Suitability (Vegans, Kosher, HALAL, Diabetics, Vegetarians etc) 

- Aprox. number of servings 

- Mandatory nutrient information 

- Shelf life 

- Date & batch coding 

- Storage recommendation 

- Manufacturing site address 

- Allergens Information (handled on site) 

- Allergens Statement 

- Microbiological Standards

- Scientific species name if applicable

- Packaging information & pallet configuration 

- Product Images 

- Chemical and physical standards (for example moisture, gluten free parameters etc) 

- Aroma, Taste, Appearance, Texture 

Product Specification issue date, authorisation, issue date, amendments, no. of pages 

;) 

1 Like

I like Dorothy's list best.    My specs have a nutrition panel on there as well, but I don't put micro limits on there.   Imho if a customer wants to know that kind of info they'll ask, and in 15 years I think I've had maybe a handful of people that requested a spec ask about micros.  That's just me tho....

I try not to put anything on a spec sheet that doesn't need to be there.... and keep it to one page.

“When you wish to instruct, be brief; that men's minds take in quickly what you say, learn its lesson, and retain it faithfully. Every word that is unnecessary only pours over the side of a brimming mind.”
Cicero

1 Like1 Thank

I don't provide ingredients breakdown as it's proprietary information. If a customer asks (which happens quite rarely) I give a range, like "milk ingredients more than 99%, bacterial cultures less than 1%" 

Similar Discussion Topics
Any food product naming policy in EU? Microbiological specification dairy products Product Labelling Guideline - Russia Inquiry about food safety culture elements Steel-it epoxy paint for equipment product-contact surfaces Traceability issue with product receiving? Food Safety Culture in a Low Risk Product Facility (Wine) Dual Label for Single Product (FSANZ & FDA) What approvals and controls do we need from third party processor of our RTE product? Is anyone else struggling with the FSMA204 Final Rule regulations?