What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is cooking quinoa and burdock root a CCP?

Started by , Feb 06 2024 02:51 PM
3 Replies

Hi everyone,

i wanted to ask we cook quinoa & burdock root should that be a CCP? 

If yes my doubt is true why wasn't it followed up previous personnel and how did the auditors miss this.

If No one less thing to worry about

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Determining Root Cause Cooking Salsa, Bean, Queso products and chilling under 40F HACCP Microbiological testing of whole herb (berry, root, etc.) How does Root Cause Analysis Rejection affect BRC certificate? Root Cause on Procedural Findings
[Ad]

It depends- if the quinoa & burdock root have not already been through a process to reduce the micro load to a safe level then yes, cooking should be a CCP.

if you have a process in place before the cooking that reduces the micro load to a safe level(unlikely) then no its not a ccp

1 Like1 Thank

It depends- if the quinoa & burdock root have not already been through a process to reduce the micro load to a safe level then yes, cooking should be a CCP.

if you have a process in place before the cooking that reduces the micro load to a safe level(unlikely) then no its not a ccp

burdock root is treated with antimicrobial wash/PAA and later cooked.

Quinoa on the otherhand is just cooked. how can we minimize microbial before cooking for quinoa?

burdock root is treated with antimicrobial wash/PAA and later cooked.

Quinoa on the otherhand is just cooked. how can we minimize microbial before cooking for quinoa?

So i would check for the following:

Burdock root: has the wash been validated to reduce micro to a safe level? is the wash a CCP? If yes to both then it can be treated as ready to eat- the same way a washed salad is.

Quinoa: check the supplier spec- does this show it has been processed in some way?- it might already be heat treated. does the spec have set micro limits that indicate this?  I would also look for any other validation work done on this on the finished cooked product.

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Determining Root Cause Cooking Salsa, Bean, Queso products and chilling under 40F HACCP Microbiological testing of whole herb (berry, root, etc.) How does Root Cause Analysis Rejection affect BRC certificate? Root Cause on Procedural Findings Root Cause - Missing Risk analysis for our clothing policy Root cause of bottled water having a plastic smell? SQF 2.5.3.1 - Corrective actions and root cause Can anyone please help me with the response Corrective, Preventative and Root Cause Cooking Instruction or intended use in HACCP