What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Need help on designing dossiers for Novel Food Authorisation in UK FSA

Started by , Feb 07 2024 06:50 AM
2 Replies

Greetings, I have a client who has a novel food to be registered to the UK FSA and I am working on that. FSA requires administrative, technical dossiers and other documents. I have checked the requirements, but I am not sure how to design those. I have designed HACCP documents, Food Safety MS and ISO manuals so I think this would not be completely alien to me. If anyone has sample dossiers/ application they can share then it would be extremely helpful.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Food Safety Day 2024 - Prepare for the unexpected NC for using non food grade oil in a compressor Inquiry about food safety culture elements Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6
[Ad]

Have you read the EFSA guidance on the preparation and presentation of novel food applications?

https://efsa.onlinel....efsa.2016.4594

Obviously this is EU rather than UK, but it was published pre-Brexit so should still be applicable for UK purposes.

I'd expect this to be quite an involved undertaking and quite different to writing a FSMS/QMS. There are consultancies who can assist with this type of thing, but it will come at a cost.

1 Like1 Thank

Hi pHruit, Thank you for the response. It would help me a lot. I will appreciate more if I could find already prepared dossiers. 

Have you read the EFSA guidance on the preparation and presentation of novel food applications?

https://efsa.onlinel....efsa.2016.4594

Obviously this is EU rather than UK, but it was published pre-Brexit so should still be applicable for UK purposes.

I'd expect this to be quite an involved undertaking and quite different to writing a FSMS/QMS. There are consultancies who can assist with this type of thing, but it will come at a cost.

Similar Discussion Topics
Food Safety Day 2024 - Prepare for the unexpected NC for using non food grade oil in a compressor Inquiry about food safety culture elements Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment for Processes Food safety culture FSSC 22000 v 6 Food Safety Additional requirements documentation Example of How to Assess Your Food Safety Culture