What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

First Expire First Out (FEFO) Policy

Started by , Feb 09 2024 08:58 PM
4 Replies

Our policy says that we are First Expire First out. We are a dry food facility where most items have a Best-By 18 months. there are often instances where we have instances where we have expirations dates that are as little as 1 day apart from others. We are considering changing this to a range -maybe 30 Days. Does anyone have any input

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Any food product naming policy in EU? Food loss and waste policy SQF 11.3.3.8 - Jewellery Policy regarding plain bands New Amazon Dietary Supplement Testing Policy Debagging Policy
[Ad]

Run a weeks worth of production with the same BB dates --- most likely 4 days either way won't matter to your finished good

Hi Stacys,

In a similar vein to Scampi’s post, have you considered changing the Best-By (BBE) on the product to Month/Year? E.g. Best-By: August 2025

Kind regards,

Tony

Run a weeks worth of production with the same BB dates --- most likely 4 days either way won't matter to your finished good

We have our printers automatically set themselves daily to reduce human setting them up incorrectly.

I am hoping to get more input on this question-Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you 

Stacy Surine

We have our printers automatically set themselves daily to reduce human setting them up incorrectly.

I am hoping to get more input on this question-Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you 

Stacy Surine

Hi Stacy,

I don't see the printers being an issue.

Your FEFO would be more manageable if your products have an expiry date that doesn't change daily. If you have a month's production with the same expiry date then clearly FEFO is far less hassle and your printers can still be automatic, since there is no day/date they will change with the month/year.

Kind regards,

Tony

Similar Discussion Topics
Any food product naming policy in EU? Food loss and waste policy SQF 11.3.3.8 - Jewellery Policy regarding plain bands New Amazon Dietary Supplement Testing Policy Debagging Policy Food Fraud Policy Food Defence Policy Meat Processing Garment Policy Problems Implementing and Maintaining a Knife Control Policy Root Cause - Missing Risk analysis for our clothing policy