What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Liner Bag Requirement for Packaging Plastic Food Packages

Started by , Feb 16 2024 05:37 PM
3 Replies

Are liner bags required inside of corrugated boxes if a manufacturer is just putting food packaging into those bags? For example, must injection molded cups or thermoformed clamshells be put into a liner bag first or can they be placed into corrugated boxes without the liner bag?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Are paper sacks with inner liner (or with inner liner removed) OK for powders? Heat Induction Liner Seal Integrity Verification Anyone familiar with wax bloom on liner of crown caps? Recommended sink liner for washing equipment in a production area?
[Ad]

I suggest something needs to be done to protect the open food packages from contamination.  If the solution is to put the clamshells/cups into a food safe bag that can be sealed, then so be it.  Most clamshells I've seen get shipped stacked onto each other, cups and lids get shipped stacked in each other as well separately.  The corrugated cardboard box itself is a potential source of contamination, not to mention air gaps where it closes allowing for microbiological/chemical contamination during shipping.

The corrugate needs to be lined with a liner

Agree with the others above. I've seen my share of contamination from putting packaging directly in contact with cardboard - roaches love cardboard.

Similar Discussion Topics
Are paper sacks with inner liner (or with inner liner removed) OK for powders? Heat Induction Liner Seal Integrity Verification Anyone familiar with wax bloom on liner of crown caps? Recommended sink liner for washing equipment in a production area?