What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What is meant by an SQFI Validation Audit?

Started by , Feb 22 2024 09:39 AM
4 Replies

Can anyone tell me what the SQFI Validation Audit is all about? Is it an audit that is conducted in addition to the annual re-certification audit? I wanted to contact SQF and our CB about this but the employer and practitioner told me not to. The site had an audit last year wherein the auditor was being audited. This means the auditor was being shadowed. I personally had no problem with this (I"m the alternate practitioner and have passed my Basic HAACP course and earned the certificate). However, the practitioner and manager refused to have such an audit again this year. And when they heard me voice questions about the Validation Audit they said if contacted they will refuse. I was told not to call SQFI or the CB to inquire about it. 

The site has not retained an outside consultant who could answer these questions.

This is not what I consider transparency. Since I cannot call SQF from the office to confirm what they mean by "Validation Audit" I'm coming here.  You can see the description here:  https://www.sqfi.com...lidation-audits

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
FSSC v6.0 internal audit AIB audit scoring and audit checklist What Audit Software are you using? Tips for upcoming NSF Certification Audit How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit?
[Ad]

Why not call them from home?

In my days as an auditor it was called a witness audit.

I doubt they could refuse one but some people do feel like they are being doubled up on when an audit is witnessed and that is the requireme t to be a new SQF Auditor. 

1 Like1 Thank

Glenn Oster: Thanks for the reply. I am going to do that. And thanks for clarifying it for me. The audit last year was called a Witness Audit by the CB. This year's recertification audit was also going to be a Witness Audit but the practitioner and management pushed hard back against it. The CB dropped it this time. 

I allowed it once and would never allow it again

I ended up having to argue 3 NCR due to the insufficient training of the new auditor AND the technical manager who should have stepped in at the time to correct the trainee

We all pay a non insignificant sum of money to be audited, and in exchange there needs to be value for service           an additional 4 weeks of back and forth is not worth it to me

1 Like

From your description of the events, I'm going to guess the primary auditor has been the same person for both of these Witness audits and may serve a training role for the CB to acquire more auditors.

Similar Discussion Topics
FSSC v6.0 internal audit AIB audit scoring and audit checklist What Audit Software are you using? Tips for upcoming NSF Certification Audit How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Shadow Witness Audit Request SQF 2.5.1 Validation and Effectiveness Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Help with ISCC EU Audit