What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

EU legislation for ice cream

Started by , Feb 23 2024 08:32 AM
3 Replies

Hi, 

Can someone please refer me to the regulation numbers I should consults for legal information around ice cream (EU)

Specifically I am looking for pasteurisation requirements and also holding temperatures (so around thermal processes and hygiene). 

I found something from UK but struggling with EU. 

Please help!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What is the best way to stay up to date with EU legislation drafts? Ice cream standard Freezing Legislation Microbiological Limits for non-dairy ice cream Average weight legislation
[Ad]

Hi, for food safety requirements(Pasteurisation/frozen storage) I believe it falls under General food Law- Regulation (EC) No 178/2002. There isn't a specific food safety law for ice cream.

This link should help:

European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) — ensuring safe food and animal feed in the EU | EUR-Lex (europa.eu)

Thanks but I am still really struggling :(

I really need to know how to define pasteurisation time and temperature as well as storage temperature in the aging process! 

I have skimmed through the link but it really doesn't seem to be defined at all ..

Hi, the attached file should help with pasteurisation requirements (see article 4). I haven't worked with ice cream specifically but would expect the freezing requirements to be the same for ice cream as it is for any other high risk product.  

Attached Files

Similar Discussion Topics
What is the best way to stay up to date with EU legislation drafts? Ice cream standard Freezing Legislation Microbiological Limits for non-dairy ice cream Average weight legislation UK Legislation On Shelf Life Terminology In Relation To Listeria CIP for cream fillings UK Meat Industry beginner training on legislation and food safety EU legislation for pesticides Allergen Legislation of Pre-Packed for Direct Sale (PPDS)