What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

ISO 8573-1 Compliance-Point of Use

Started by , Feb 26 2024 09:48 PM
1 Reply

Hello All, 

I am in charge on implementing new point of use filtration on our compressed air lines at my plant. We are to follow BCAS standards and meet 2:2:1 standards. To my knowledge when meeting Class 2 for particles, it is 0.1μm at <400,000 mg/m³. Every quote I get from a vendor says they meet the Class 2, they only filter down to 1μm. I am trying to connect the dots, but that is not what the standard states. My fear is that if I select a Class 1 rated filter it will be too much for our legacy system. These Class 1 filter's filter down to 0.01μm for reference. 

Has anyone had similar experience with dealing with this? Mind you these are for a >80psi and >1000cfm system. I want to meet the current ISO 8573-1 standard. 

Secondly, has anyone installed these types of filters and been able to meet the ISO standard with testing them in the field? 

Thanks, 

CoffeeCan

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Questions used to determine the critical control point FDA Traceability Rule: Impact and Compliance FDA Traceability Rule: Impact and Compliance FDA Traceability Rule: Impact and Compliance SQF 2.5.1.1 Non-compliance
[Ad]

I guess it depends on how many of the smaller particles you would have in your system without the filter to determin if you need the smaller (class 1 filter).

I dont know your application, but for the most part i feel like filtering to even 0.1um is overkill.   The risk of injury or illness doesnt justify IMO.   

For perspective most injectable pharmacueticals are filtered to 0.2 micron for sterility.  

Similar Discussion Topics
Questions used to determine the critical control point FDA Traceability Rule: Impact and Compliance FDA Traceability Rule: Impact and Compliance FDA Traceability Rule: Impact and Compliance SQF 2.5.1.1 Non-compliance Validation and Verification: Ensuring Compliance and Excellence Validation and Verification: Ensuring Compliance and Excellence Validation and Verification: Ensuring Compliance and Excellence Compliance of Cleaning Chemicals Point of use 0.01 micron compressed air filters