What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Food safety shoes

Started by , Feb 27 2024 12:09 AM
12 Replies

Hi,

I would like to know if this crocs-like shoes w/ holes are allowed in warehouses? We are planning to have a GMP certification this year. 

We are actually planning between this crocs-like shoes and safety shoes inside the warehouse. I am also concern regarding the outside shoes of the personnel. 

Other advices is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Food Safety Day 2024 - Prepare for the unexpected NC for using non food grade oil in a compressor Inquiry about food safety culture elements Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6
[Ad]

no crocs with holes - safety shoes good.

Shoes for Crews 

2 Likes

no crocs with holes - safety shoes good.

Shoes for Crews 

Thank you so much!

Also, lastly, is the color of the warehouse personnel's uniform matter on GMP? We were planning to have color black uniforms.

Thank you so much!

Also, lastly, is the color of the warehouse personnel's uniform matter on GMP? We were planning to have color black uniforms.

No. It doesn't matter

1 Like

hi, 

shoes - this will be more for H&S (health and safety) rather food safety.. 

from food safety point as long as you can wash your black uniforms and they have sewn-on button then you shouldn't have any issues 

;) 

1 Like

NO to sewn on buttons, yes to snaps or velcro

3 Likes1 Thank

Hi! 

I would like to know if crocs-like shoes w/ holes are allowed inside the warehouse? We are planning for a GMP Certification this year and we would like to change our warehouse personnel's (inside)warehouse shoes. Would this be applicable?

If not, is safety shoes allowed in the warehouses? 

Advices are much appreciated. 

Thank you!

The problem from a food safety perspective with footwear that have large holes (crocs or sandals) is their added ability to pick up and disperse contaminants.  

For both personnel and food safety we do not allow any kind of open-toe or perforated footwear in production areas, and the receiving docks and warehouses with ingredients, packaging etc. count as production areas.

1 Like

Hi everyone!

Thank you for all your advices and replies. This is very helpful since I'm very new in implementing rules regarding uniforms and such.

:sleazy:

hi, 

from food safety point as long as you can wash your black uniforms and they have sewn-on button then you shouldn't have any issues 

;)

Is shoes with lace allowed? Or should we buy safety shoes that has no laces? Thank you!

hi, 

;)

@Scampi ! thank you - obviously should be NO sewn-on button ! :doh:

1 Like

Is shoes with lace allowed? Or should we buy safety shoes that has no laces? Thank you!

Shoe laces are fine. Probably obvious but we make employees have steel toe boots incase anything drops on the floor. 

1 Like

I would not use shoes with holes- they do not protect staff well enough- a chemical or hot spill would go straight through

Shoe laces are fine. Probably obvious but we make employees have steel toe boots incase anything drops on the floor. 

Thank you! I always thought that shoe laces are not allowed even in warehouses. 

Big help!  :spoton:

Similar Discussion Topics
Food Safety Day 2024 - Prepare for the unexpected NC for using non food grade oil in a compressor Inquiry about food safety culture elements Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment for Processes Food safety culture FSSC 22000 v 6 Food Safety Additional requirements documentation Example of How to Assess Your Food Safety Culture