Started by , Feb 29 2024 11:52 AM
2 Replies

Hello

Our HACCP Flow states 

Supplier / buying

Transport

Storage

Delivery/ rejection

We do do import and export, however i have covered all risks in my risk assessment for transport/ buying / delivery.

We,ve just had BRC audit and we have NCN that our flow doesnt state import / export. We use clearing agent for all our export.

What is your view on this ? How would you add it to our current flow ?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Compressor for HACCP HACCP and SQF Certification Implementing HACCP/BRC for a Logistics Company HACCP plan for cold smoked trout HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree
[Ad]

Honestly I'm not surprised this picked up an NC. Your existing risk assessment can certainly be referenced in the hazard analysis for the various steps on the process flow to which it applies, but IMEX the auditors will expect to see that your process flow includes every "activity".

I'd be inclined to add the import/export as individual steps - if you "import" to the UK then this is one step, and if you subsequently export again later then I'd probably put that as a separate step. Your "hazards" at this step will depend on the product, but could be e.g. micro-related (even if not pathogenic) due for example to spoilage caused by delays at customs, or failure to clear customs due to incorrect documentation (again, not food safety, but this is the sort of "hazard" in the relatively loose BRC Agents & Brokers sense that could occur here).

1 Like1 Thank

your haccp plan should be highly detailed and a risk assessment does not a haccp plan make (it's a supporting doc)

what if you're importing from a country with VERY different food safety requirements?  That is an example of why the step needs to be listed and PCP measures listed

Similar Discussion Topics
Compressor for HACCP HACCP and SQF Certification Implementing HACCP/BRC for a Logistics Company HACCP plan for cold smoked trout HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree HACCP Meeting checklist HACCP Plan for Frozen Meat HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible?