What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Employee handbook and policies

Started by , Mar 22 2024 02:49 PM
3 Replies
Our goal is to make the employee handbook and policies accessible to all employees. Since some do not have access to company accounts or use of computers we are looking into a cloud based format to hold these items. I have searched and the programs found include other services we don’t need. Any ideas? Thank you in advance.
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
GMP Enforcement when employee has medical note for smart watch wearing Diabetic Employee needing Cell Phone on body Employee communication to promote food safety and quality culture? Door between employee entrance and processing room Contents of an Employee Handbook
[Ad]

SharePoint

If you're using Microsoft in house already, you've probably got this 

What about the payroll company?  ADP etc have platforms that allow the importation of docs + digital sign offs

1 Like

Seconding Sharepoint, with some experience you can make a permission-based system that allows users to view but not edit the documents of your choice. It's not the most user-friendly program but learning isn't too hard these days. I would start by looking into how to make a Sharepoint site, followed by:

- Libraries

- Lists

- Document management (Checking in/out, approving/rejecting, Moving files)

- Adding users

- Setting permissions

SharePoint is a great tool I've had to learn to utilize these past two years.  The sites I've created can be locked down to users in the corporate environment or to specific groups.  But I'd have reservations about any cloud sourcing these documents for any user on any device, because they will be accessible to people outside your organization by design.

My org still prefers a binder with all of the programs for common access to low level employees, and supervisors/managers with corporate email accounts are able to access records via our server or the read-only copies I've published to the SharePoint site(s).

Similar Discussion Topics
GMP Enforcement when employee has medical note for smart watch wearing Diabetic Employee needing Cell Phone on body Employee communication to promote food safety and quality culture? Door between employee entrance and processing room Contents of an Employee Handbook Employee Hygiene Solutions for Hair Contamination How to respond to a customer complaint about a sick employee on site visit? SQF 2.5.1.1 - Validation of GMPs other than employee practices Auditor rummaging through employee lockers SQF 11.2.5.7 - Sanitary Facilities and Employee Amenities in Pre-Operational Inspection