What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Customer labeling of frozen pizza

Started by , Mar 22 2024 06:30 PM
1 Reply

Hello - am new to labeling area. we’re getting into frozen pizza Deli business. We will top with a handful of toppings here (meat and non-meat), and the customer will add toppings and add their own final label. what the regulatory requirements are for sending product like that out to customer.

• Do we need to label every single pizza or just master case? If every pizza, can we just label the film or the carton itself?
  • What needs to be on that label? I am assuming statement (with allergens), but what about cook instructions or any other info? It’s my understanding that the customer will provide final cook instructions, and we will not be doing any on the lightly topped “blanks” we send out.
  • Do we need to button up traceability with customers? How will they be able to trace back to our lot number if they’re removing the film?

thanks everyone, am lost here.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF Clause 5.2.1 - Artwork customer approval Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer Customer complaints for excess water in onions Managing Customer Audit Dates: Seeking Advice on Rescheduling for Convenience FDA Regulation of Customer Reviews: DS Health Claims
[Ad]

I'd say case level labeling is fine.  You're creating a mass-produced product intended for future processing, not something for direct consumption.  You'll need a spec that covers the version of this unfinished pizza you're providing (I'd put a CYA statement about "not intended for direct sale to consumers" or something), case labeling and traceability information, but you don't need to label the individual pies with nutritional information and product descriptions.

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF Clause 5.2.1 - Artwork customer approval Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer Customer complaints for excess water in onions Managing Customer Audit Dates: Seeking Advice on Rescheduling for Convenience FDA Regulation of Customer Reviews: DS Health Claims How to respond customer complaint regarding pH out of spec Allergen testing of the product due to a customer complaint Customer will not provide their ingredient recipe Customer Request - Supply Standards Form Examples of short and long-term customer complaint reduction strategies