What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

You couldn’t make it up…

Started by , Mar 26 2024 02:22 AM
4 Replies
I can’t go into details but there is a role which has been created in my business at a senior level. It is meant to be equivalent to mine and others at my level.

Everyone in this level of role has at least 15 years of experience in technical.

They’ve just offered this role to someone with none. Zero.

Am I being unfair and should welcome people switching functions? Or is this a slap in the face for people who have worked their way up?

It’s not even an allied function this guy is moving from like CI or operations either. It’s sales.
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How can we make Technical exciting?! Can we make up an incident for the crisis management mock exercise? How to make a Quality Manual? Measures to make workers more comfortable in hot weather How to make a traceability presentation for household manufactured items traded to end consumer?
[Ad]

Seems a bit odd. There must be SOME reason that a person with zero experience in quality, or operations would be offered a senior role in technical/Quality.

If this person accepts, hopefully the role is sufficiently designed as to limit the damage they can do  :shades:

Marshall

nepotism???

I'd be upset as well 

Lots of non tech folks do not understand just how nuanced technical roles are, and the years of experience needed to hone the craft

3 Likes

nepotism???

That was my first guess.  Who's the woefully unqualified new hire related to?

Not nepotism but my company is bloody obsessed with commercial. If you're in sales or whatever then it seems you're considered for promotion, sideways moves etc. Technical or operations going the other way? Nope. In the commercial function we have dedicated customer specific staff. There is no recognition that Technical are in the same meetings 80% of the time that they are.

It's bonkers. I'm sick of the attitude. Ah well he'll get a rude awakening when he realises reality.

Similar Discussion Topics
How can we make Technical exciting?! Can we make up an incident for the crisis management mock exercise? How to make a Quality Manual? Measures to make workers more comfortable in hot weather How to make a traceability presentation for household manufactured items traded to end consumer? Doubt about tapes to make splices in plastic film for packaging Company to make customized hold tags Bug found in 50lb bag of rice...does rinsing and cooking make the rice edible? How to make packaging auditor course assignments Can I make a negative claim on this product?