What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire?

Started by , Mar 26 2024 03:29 PM
2 Replies

3.7.2 Does a supplier approved by a questionnaire have to have a HARA/HACCP program?  In reading the Guidelines, I see nothing that says they have to have it.  They just say the questionnaire has a scope of HARA.  

"or
•• where a valid risk-based justification is provided, a satisfactorily completed supplier
questionnaire may be used for initial approval. The questionnaire shall have a scope that
includes product safety, traceability, HARA review and good manufacturing practices, and
it shall have been reviewed and verified by a demonstrably competent person."

Thanks!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
BRCGS 5.4.1 Process control BRCGS Haulier Transport Questionnaire BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 BRCGS 8.1.2 - Cooked Crustacea High Risk-High Care Are there any new clauses in BRCGS packaging version 6
[Ad]

I'm also confused by the clause and BRCGS' intepretation. To avoid silly debates with auditors, my company makes a universal questionnaire which includes such HARA/HACCP item. While sending it out to a supplier needing no HARA/HACCP (like ink producer), we tell them to leave a N/A (not applicable) mark on that part.

1 Thank

Hi Beutiophile, you took the right decision.

Similar Discussion Topics
BRCGS 5.4.1 Process control BRCGS Haulier Transport Questionnaire BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 BRCGS 8.1.2 - Cooked Crustacea High Risk-High Care Are there any new clauses in BRCGS packaging version 6 Adding new building to BRCGS Issue 6 Certification BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test? BRCGS Finished Goods Traceability BRCGS 5.4.4 - Food Fraud Risk Gap Analysis between ISO 22K:2018 vs BRCGS v9/8 or IFS v7/6