What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Allergen Management

Started by , Mar 28 2024 11:57 AM
2 Replies

I'm working in a bread baking industry. Please help with regards to the Allergen Risk Assessment as we have to 2 inherent Allergens. How do go about doing the Risk Assessment thereof?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Distribution in Allergen Management Allergen checklist to supplier Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Allergen Specific factory wear Allergen declaration for gelatin?
[Ad]

I don't know, but last night I stayed at a holiday Inn express and had a great breakfast this morning and on top of that welcome Pontsho!

You’ll want to provide a little more detail to get helpful replies.

If the two allergenic ingredients are in all of your products, then your risks come from 1) improper labeling or 2) unexpected allergens enter your facility (either from ingredients or from employees). So - how could these risks happen, and what can you do to prevent them and identify them?

If one or both of those ingredients are in only some products then you also have to assess cross-contact risk in ingredient storage, product production, packaging, etc — and that will take longer. I suspect there are a few risk assessment templates linked in the forum archives.

We are not at all affiliated with them, but if you are looking for local help - the team at FACTS SA might be a good starting point as they’re in country and seem to work heavily with allergens.

Similar Discussion Topics
Distribution in Allergen Management Allergen checklist to supplier Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Allergen Specific factory wear Allergen declaration for gelatin? Allergen Management Plan Lychee Nut Management as an Allergen Allergen Risk Assessment Carryover Non Allergen Allergen Label Checks