What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

In CFR 111 must we reconfirm suppliers certificate of analysis for flavors and color?

Started by , Mar 28 2024 10:37 PM
1 Reply

Hello, this is my first time posting, I am looking for help to clarify a question that has arisen.

I belong to a candy company that produces food supplements, and the confirmation of product analysis certificates has begun.

My question is whether it is necessary to carry out this confirmation also for flavors and colors, since as far as I understand this could only be carried out by using a standard provided by the supplier to validate the product identity.

Checking ingredients with respect to their analysis is mandatory for flavorings and colorings.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Flow Charts and Hazard Analysis Third party audit certificate redacted SQF 2.4.3.7 - Hazard Analysis Calibration Certificate Expiration NIAS analysis required for food PET bottles and PE closures
[Ad]

Do you mean checking with a GC/MS against the standard?  Many large flavor producers will provide this with the COA.  However, if you are dealing with smaller flavor companies they may not have this capability.  I've checked flavors and colors with standard solutions and diluting them down to appropriate usage level.  Compare it against our standard, or another lot from the supplier.  Since this is more involved with sensor you will need trained personnel to do this.

Similar Discussion Topics
Flow Charts and Hazard Analysis Third party audit certificate redacted SQF 2.4.3.7 - Hazard Analysis Calibration Certificate Expiration NIAS analysis required for food PET bottles and PE closures Sampling plan and risk analysis Requesting migration reports from packaging suppliers FSVP Hazard Analysis Using raw materials before getting a CoA from approved suppliers Gap Analysis between ISO 22K:2018 vs BRCGS v9/8 or IFS v7/6