What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF 2.4.3.7 - Hazard Analysis

Started by , Apr 04 2024 04:58 PM
4 Replies

Recently went through an audit where they found a non-conformance for 2.4.3.7 which is 

"The food safety team shall identify and document all food safety hazards that can reasonably be expected to occur at each step in the processes, including raw materials and other inputs."

I have all of the process steps taken care of by using the FDA food safety plan builder but the auditor found that I did not have anything for raw materials, ingredients, and primary packaging materials.

He had said I needed a risk assessment of all of those items listed above. My problem is I don't know how exactly to go about it. Do you write an SOP for it or do you do a hazard analysis by using a matrix?

If anyone has some guidance, an example, or a template I would appreciate it greatly!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Flow Charts and Hazard Analysis Utilization of Grape Seeds and analysis of potential applications in the food industry. Microbial environmental air standard & dairy worker hand swab analysis method with standard & dairy equipment like pasteuriser, valve etc swab Utilization of Grape Seeds and analysis of potential applications in the food industry. Utilization of Grape Seeds and analysis of potential applications in the food industry
[Ad]

You should conduct a hazard analysis for all raw materials, ingredients, packaging, etc., you use to make your product.  It should go through the steps of HACCP/HARPC and be in a similar format as your process hazard analysis.  

1 Like1 Thank

I like to include them in the Hazard Analysis.  I include them above the first processing step.  if you are unsure about the hazards, I like to reference appendix 1.  Cheesy example attached.  

Attached Files

1 Like1 Thank

Hazard analysis is missing

Here's another great reference tool

https://active.inspe...introe.aspx?i=1

1 Thank

In addition to the standard HACCP documents I also have a policy document called "Known Hazards" and just list a bunch of things for different inputs and types of processing we use.  It was added just to avoid the sort of auditor pedantry problem rwilliams is having.

Similar Discussion Topics
Flow Charts and Hazard Analysis Utilization of Grape Seeds and analysis of potential applications in the food industry. Microbial environmental air standard & dairy worker hand swab analysis method with standard & dairy equipment like pasteuriser, valve etc swab Utilization of Grape Seeds and analysis of potential applications in the food industry. Utilization of Grape Seeds and analysis of potential applications in the food industry In CFR 111 must we reconfirm suppliers certificate of analysis for flavors and color? NIAS analysis required for food PET bottles and PE closures Sampling plan and risk analysis Hazard of Using Aluminum Foil as Packaging Material FSVP Hazard Analysis