What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water

Started by , Apr 17 2024 07:47 AM
2 Replies

We are trying to identify the cause of an issue we've encountered with one of our packaging suppliers. We've observed that when their packaging comes into contact with water or wet products, it leaves behind a milky residue. We stopped using the packaging. Despite consulting with the supplier, who claims it's due to air bubbles, we've found this residue persists even after some time on the shelf. A simple test of rubbing wetted packaging indicates there's some form of suspension present. Comparatively, packaging from another supplier doesn't exhibit this issue, leading us to believe it's isolated to this particular supplier. Please see the pictures of an issue I am describing.

Material: OPP 35 micron, density 0.91 with antimist, microperforated

Have anyone of you encountered this issue?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Environmental Monitoring for a plastics packaging facility Aqualab 4te Water activity meter Storing food ingredients in same warehouse as food contact packaging Micro. Guidelines for Food Contact Surfaces Packaging Materials Issue 7 Draft
[Ad]

Can you attach the pictures again?

I have never heard of this happening.  Reading through your description, the only thing I can think of is that whatever they are using for the anti-mist property may be causing the issue for you.  That is at least where I would start.

Similar Discussion Topics
Environmental Monitoring for a plastics packaging facility Aqualab 4te Water activity meter Storing food ingredients in same warehouse as food contact packaging Micro. Guidelines for Food Contact Surfaces Packaging Materials Issue 7 Draft CIRKUL water bottles Steel-it epoxy paint for equipment product-contact surfaces Is 316 stainless steel necessary as opposed to 304 stainless steel for food-contact surfaces on equipment? Glove Dip Station filled with water and chlorine - is this normal? Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility