What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Labelling Requirements For Food Contact Materials

Started by , Jul 05 2004 08:47 PM
2 Replies
Browsing the UK Food Standards Agencies Website tonight I came across the following page:

http://www.foodstand...lsyourquestion/

In itself not too peculiar until I noticed part way down the page this Q & A:

What are the labelling requirements for food contact materials?

The regulations require the description ‘for food use', or a specific indication of the particular use for which the material or article is intended, or the use of a designated symbol. Special conditions under which the food contact material must be used have to be noted and include the name or trade name and address or registered trademark of the manufacturer, processor, or seller of the material. The information must be shown clearly, legibly and indelibly on the food contact material or article, or on its packaging, or on an affixed label, or in the accompanying documents.

I wondered does anyone who manufacturers or supply's food contact packaging in the UK comply with this to any extent and what are the regulations that are referred to?

Regards,
Simon
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Labelling af flavor in the US Can anyone recommend or suggest alternative options to Genesis R&D Food Labelling Software? Sales samples labelling Potassium salt labelling Food allergen labelling and information requirements technical guidance
[Ad]
Attached are the EU regulations showing the symbol that should be used to denote food packaging.

Regards,
Simon

Attached Files

Simon,

Interesting and noted. Thank you for the update.

ChalresChew

Similar Discussion Topics
Labelling af flavor in the US Can anyone recommend or suggest alternative options to Genesis R&D Food Labelling Software? Sales samples labelling Potassium salt labelling Food allergen labelling and information requirements technical guidance FDA Labelling Requirements for non consumers packages Storage Instructions on Labelling May Contain Tree Nuts - Plain English Allergen Labelling Labelling Verification Plan UK over-labelling requirements