What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

The meaning of the term 'ORIGIN' in ISO 22000?

Started by , Oct 11 2006 08:26 AM
9 Replies
Hi,
I wonder the meaning of "origin" in ISO22k Section 7.3.3.1 Raw materials, ingridients and product-contact materials. We ordered from our suppliers to send us informations about that section of standard. But "orijin" part is not clear enough. Does it mean "where the ingredient produced or ...??

Regards,
Selmin
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
ISO 22000:2018 - Clause 4.3 FSSC 22000 Implementation package V5.1 Required Food Safety Training for Employees Under FSSC 22000 FSSC 22000 Implementation but have non-food Products Is FSSC 22000 (Cat G) certification transferrable if facility moves to a new location after getting initial certification?
[Ad]
You have a record of raising questions but your never response back to your respondent(s).

Hi,
I wonder the meaning of "origin" in ISO22k Section 7.3.3.1 Raw materials, ingridients and product-contact materials. We ordered from our suppliers to send us informations about that section of standard. But "orijin" part is not clear enough. Does it mean "where the ingredient produced or ...??

Regards,
Selmin

You have a record of raising questions but your never response back to your respondent(s).

I empathise with your frustration Charles. However, I would like to know also? You know I'm always grateful and don't mind telling you.

Regards,

Simon

I empathise with your frustration Charles. However, I would like to know also? You know I'm always grateful and don't mind telling you.

Regards,

Simon

Last friday we got the ISO 22K after a very hard audit. It took 2 days with 2 auditors. I wanted to share it with you.
And I wonder the topic that I did not reply. Because I m trying to reply all of them. But for some of them I only thanked for your answer.

Regards,
Selmin
Hi Selmin,

As an origin, we took packaged, fabricated and retailed product in our intake materials rules in ISO 22000 documents.

Bye.

Özlem
Dear Selmin,

I think the "Origin" means the product (how) made from what? for example: "plant" or "chemical" or "industry" or "artificle"....
Dear selminay:

For example:

(a) Wheat flour

You may want to know who is the grower, from which country, even the variety or specisies.

(b) Salt

From which country? From sea? What sea? etc.

Are my examples appropriate? Comment from the rest... TQ.
Dear Selminay,

Congratulations on achieving 22000 certification . Who was the certifying body ?
Keep up the good work.

Best regards,

A Sankara Narayanan
Hi,
Thank you very much for your answers. We are asking vegetable or animal origin, produced in which country, ...etc quastions to the supplier.
The certificate is from SGS.

Regards,
Selmin

Hi ,

Origin means from which country it is origin , it is imported or exported .

Ritvij

Similar Discussion Topics
ISO 22000:2018 - Clause 4.3 FSSC 22000 Implementation package V5.1 Required Food Safety Training for Employees Under FSSC 22000 FSSC 22000 Implementation but have non-food Products Is FSSC 22000 (Cat G) certification transferrable if facility moves to a new location after getting initial certification? FSSC publishes Version 6 of the FSSC 22000 scheme FSSC 22000 - 2.5.10 Transport Storage and Warehousing Implementing an FSSC 22000 Version 6 Compliant Food Safety and Quality Management System Implementing an FSSC 22000 Version 6 Compliant Food Safety and Quality Management System FSSC 22000 Food Safety Management System for Food Manufacturers - Version 6