What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Hazard Analysis #1: Preparing lunch

Started by , Oct 13 2006 08:00 PM
13 Replies
Just for fun here is a photograph of my lunch in progress. Looks yummy doesn't it. But wait, am I doing something wrong?

I would like the food safety experts out there to tell me what the hazards are and why and what I really should be doing to ensure my lunch is wholesome and safe.

Maybe a regular feature?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Flow Charts and Hazard Analysis SQF 2.4.3.7 - Hazard Analysis Hazard of Using Aluminum Foil as Packaging Material FSVP Hazard Analysis Hazard Analysis - Preservative
[Ad]
Nobody wanna play?

Nobody wanna play?

i'll play!!
Food safety and H&S hat on here!

Well apart from the obvious mixture of Raw and Ready To Eat, sharp knife, wooden board. prepared on top of hob? Rinsing of veg? i could go on

looks like a scene from McDons to be honest!!!

C x

I would like the food safety experts out there to tell me what the hazards are and why and what I really should be doing to ensure my lunch is wholesome and safe.

Looks like the beansprouts have past their sell by date.
Did you have your hair covered?

Do I get a prize?

P.S. You forgot to show the hand with open cuts / boils, the fag in the ashtray, the cat on the work surface, used nappy..........
Dear Simon

I cannot read statistics with salad; however, it is a yummy lunch if I carry a wok with me.

Regards/Wayne

i'll play!!
Food safety and H&S hat on here!

Well apart from the obvious mixture of Raw and Ready To Eat, sharp knife, wooden board. prepared on top of hob? Rinsing of veg? i could go on

looks like a scene from McDons to be honest!!!

Yes it really is a horror scene, so what's the worst that's gonna happen to me?

Looks like the beansprouts have past their sell by date.
Did you have your hair covered?

Do I get a prize?

Yes, no and definitely not!

P.S. You forgot to show the hand with open cuts / boils, the fag in the ashtray, the cat on the work surface, used nappy..........

I didn't want to use everything in one go; I've got a new digital camera.

Dear Simon
I cannot read statistics with salad; however, it is a yummy lunch if I carry a wok with me.

Yes it was and I'm still here, so what gives with this food safety.

BTW does anyone know what the stuff in the red square is. Looks a bit like a face.
Hallo Simon,

You could use this composition in art school and pass with high grades.
With respect to food safety? How low can you go? The knife has teeth ????

But at the same time I have to admit that I still own a wooden cutting board .

Remember to share good fortune with your friends, Okido

Yes it really is a horror scene, so what's the worst that's gonna happen to me?

MMMM Worse that could happen is that YOU kill yourself and whoever you've got over for your Tete a Tete.

Best scenario is that ALL of the forum turn out for your funeral!!!!

see we do love you, i'll even put black on!
Dear All

He is smiling whilst holding a grenade. " Dare you to have me"? haha! I am winning! "Enjoy your lunch".

Regards/Wayne
Sorry for coming into this thread a little late - but I would still like to have a go...........

I see the biggest hazard here as being off camera shot. Instead of making your partner a tasty lunch, you grabbed your camera and took a pic'!

Forget the raw meet & veg mixed. Don't worry about the 'sell by dates' and don't give the work surface another thought. Worry about the rolling pin quickly heading towards the soft spot at the back of your head.

I do like the idea of showing something like this and have used it myself during training sessions - however, with all 'risks' considered you would never eat or drink again. When I was growing up I drank directly from the hose pipe and ate soil and it never did me any harm - fortunately I had grown out of that kind of thing by my early 30's.

Great thread though.
Bonno

You could use this composition in art school and pass with high grades.
With respect to food safety? How low can you go? The knife has teeth ????

But at the same time I have to admit that I still own a wooden cutting board .

Hello Okido, I agree wooden chopping boards should have been banned a long time ago. I believe there's a 30 strong EU peer review process ongoing as we speak, should become a regulation February 2009. Personally I kind of like the tatse.

MMMM Worse that could happen is that YOU kill yourself and whoever you've got over for your Tete a Tete.

Best scenario is that ALL of the forum turn out for your funeral!!!!

see we do love you, i'll even put black on!

At last some sense on the subject. Thanks Caz.

He is smiling whilst holding a grenade. " Dare you to have me"? haha! I am winning! "Enjoy your lunch".

What can I say Wayne? What can I say...you got me.

Sorry for coming into this thread a little late - but I would still like to have a go...........

Hey Bonno, it's good to see you back. See what you've been missing.

I see the biggest hazard here as being off camera shot. Instead of making your partner a tasty lunch, you grabbed your camera and took a pic'!

Forget the raw meet & veg mixed. Don't worry about the 'sell by dates' and don't give the work surface another thought. Worry about the rolling pin quickly heading towards the soft spot at the back of your head.

You got it Bonno. Members may have noticed I've not been around as much lately.

I do like the idea of showing something like this and have used it myself during training sessions - however, with all 'risks' considered you would never eat or drink again. When I was growing up I drank directly from the hose pipe and ate soil and it never did me any harm - fortunately I had grown out of that kind of thing by my early 30's.

Great thread though.
Bonno

Yes you're right Bonno it's a great thread and I'm sure it will prove to be a useful resource for newcomers to food safety.

Thanks for all of your input.

Regards,
Simon

Regards,
Simon

MMMMM wonder where Simon is actually having a sex change??

Wonderfully manicured eyebrows Simon!!!

C xx

When I was growing up I drank directly from the hose pipe and ate soil and it never did me any harm - fortunately I had grown out of that kind of thing by my early 30's.

Another point for Grandpa Timperley!

MMMMM wonder where Simon is actually having a sex change??

Wonderfully manicured eyebrows Simon!!!

C xx

Thanks Caz, actually I had the sex change in 1984, the bandages are like Bonno said as a result of assault and battery.

Simone X

Another point for Grandpa Timperley!

GT's legagcy lives on.

Do you think it's time we moved this thread to general discussion.

Similar Discussion Topics
Flow Charts and Hazard Analysis SQF 2.4.3.7 - Hazard Analysis Hazard of Using Aluminum Foil as Packaging Material FSVP Hazard Analysis Hazard Analysis - Preservative Is it true that the final step to control a significant hazard shall be a CCP? Hazard Analysis and identification of raw material and ingredients Hazard assessment methodology in food for determining CCP or OPRP? Salmonella testing for Candies and Marshmallow as per CFIA and FDA hazard identification Hazard Analysis of raw material ingredients