What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Does Your Product Contain Gmo’s?

Started by , Jul 22 2004 10:02 AM
2 Replies
Packaging folks.

One of the weird and wonderful questions that can be found on Supplier QA Questionnaires is: Does your product contain GMO's?

Not always an easy one to answer, so to help I've attached a statement from The European Council of the Paint, Printing Ink and Artists‘ Colours Industry (CEPE), relating specifically to GMO's in printing inks.

Regards,
Simon

Attached Files

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Scope of Certification product specific Stainless-steel grades for product-contact equipment Steel-it epoxy paint for equipment product-contact surfaces Repackaging of Food Grade product Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats?
[Ad]

Does your product contain GMO's ?

The answer is so simple. Yes, for sure it does Detect the GMO's, come on
Revisiting this subject, as Franco had put it, the answer is so simple. Even if the printing ink contains GMO, it has no and (not supposed to) have direct contact with food. So, whats the issue anyway.

That issue being put away, I do sometimes come across bottled beverages with prinitng of "expiry date" at the area between the Cap and the Seal. This is done usually for additional product security but there may be a GMO issue when during consumption, the mouth may make contact with the seal ring that has non-approved ink on it.

Do you think there should be a concern or should manufacturer place their "mark" on the body of the packaging instead?

Charles Chew

Similar Discussion Topics
Scope of Certification product specific Stainless-steel grades for product-contact equipment Steel-it epoxy paint for equipment product-contact surfaces Repackaging of Food Grade product Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product? Foreign Material Handling for product with meat filling Intestines - Edible Meat Product? Can I use up current packaging or is new required if the product formulation has changed?