What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

2 Pints Please Milkman

Started by , Apr 02 2003 06:51 PM
1 Reply
I've just finished the nightly ritual of clearing the milk from the kitchen work-surface after having made myself a cup of tea. I don't know about you but I'm fed up with attempting to pour, without any success, those gigantic 4/6 pint plastic milk containers. You know the ones.

It's the 21st century for heavens sake - can't anybody design a spill-free carton?

If anyone has effective pouring advice to share I would love to hear it. Alternatively tell us about the packaging that really gets your goat?

I do miss the clink, clink of the milkman in the morning.

Regards,
Simon
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Ernie (The Fastest Milkman in the West)
[Ad]
As we're on the subject of milk, how about the 'upmarket' 1 litre cartons of milk that have the plastic closeable flip on them with the foil strip underneath?
Simplicity itself, you would think, unless the little tab on the foil tear strip gets sealed under the plastic flip, resulting in my having to take a knife to the foil to get it started in the first place.
And then there are the ones where you flip the top up only to find that the glue holding it on has given up, and you have launched the whole 'mechanism' across the kitchen. You are then torn between getting the milk open and breakfast eaten, or chasing the spaniel down the garden to retrieve said mechanism before choking and another expensive trip to the vets hits the top of the priority list. But that, as they say, is another story.....................

And if I had a penny for every time I get verbally assaulted by people about the cellophane covers on vidoeo cassettes/CDs every time I mention I work in plastic packaging films..................................

Similar Discussion Topics
Ernie (The Fastest Milkman in the West)