What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

HACCP Risk Assessment Review and Verification Procedure

Started by , Nov 12 2006 10:02 PM
10 Replies
I have a question...

Can anyone explain how often the HACCP plan should be reviewed and what the review process should look like. Simple guidelines very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Simon
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HACCP Plan for Frozen Meat HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart?
[Ad]
Simon,

We have a simple form to prompt us during the review.

We detail:

Process being reviewed
Date of review
Date of last review
Who is on the review team
What documentation was reviewed (HACCP study, flow, etc.+ non conformances, customer complaint data...)

We then ask the following questions:

Are the terms of reference still valid?
Has the process changed?
Have CCP deviations been noted?
Do sample monitoring or test results indicate a problem?
Have any product recalls taken place?
Have any new, or emerging, food safety hazards been identified?
Have any customer complaaints relating to food safety been received?
Have any new products been introduced?
Have any new suppliers /ingredients been introduced?

We then have a box for further comments, action required and action taken.

Although the questions cannot cover every aspect of the review process I find them useful as a starting point. Some answers may need further explanation and may require changes to the HACCP study. This form is also a useful record of the review without having to type up meeting minutes.

We plan to review our system at least yearly.
We have our HACCP divided up into 12 sections which means that we can review a small part of the system each month.
If you have a major change between reviews then you can use the same form.

Any document we review and don't change is stamped "REVIEWED Date...." and signed. Any document which requires updating is reissued and the old documents are stored in the review file. It seems to have worked OK so far for us
2 Thanks
Yorky you've played a blinder, I can knock up a form based on that. Thanks very much for your help I appreciate it.

Regards,
Simon

Simon,

We detail:

Process being reviewed
Date of review
Date of last review
What documentation was reviewed (HACCP study, flow, etc.+ non conformances, customer complaint data...)

Has the process changed?

Although the questions cannot cover every aspect of the review process I find them useful as a starting point. Some answers may need further explanation and may require changes to the HACCP study. This form is also a useful record of the review without having to type up meeting minutes.

We have our HACCP divided up into 12 sections which means that we can review a small part of the system each month.

Any document we review and don't change is stamped "REVIEWED Date...." and signed. Any document which requires updating is reissued and the old documents are stored in the review file. It seems to have worked OK so far for us

Can we add one more question:-
Is there emergence of any new pathogen/ toxin?

thanks,
Gireesh

Is there emergence of any new pathogen/ toxin?

Feel free to add what you want

We have just finished our review and have just amended "Has the process changed?" to "has the process / procedure changed?". In effect we were doing this as we took the process to mean the way the product is made and what equipment it is made on, but it is best to have things clear.
Hi Simon,

We have a simple approach to review of HACCP:

Our HACCP teams are multidiciplinary means each department has a member in it. Any change in process, raw materials, suppliers, design will trigger a review of plan. Team member is responsible for initiating the process and team would review the change and validate the plan.
Our HACCP studies are live documents and this will help us to keep it up to date rather doing the activity once in a while.

A simple form with description of what is the change, risk analysis and updation status of plan would suffice as supporting document along with the current HACCP plan.

Hope this will help you

Best regards

Ganesh
[quote name='yorkshire' timestamp='1163434485' post='12752']
Simon,

We detail:

Process being reviewed
Date of review
Date of last review

--------------------

CAN I HAVE A DRAFT OF YOUR FORM THAT I CAN USE AS A GUIDE IN OUR HACCP REVIEW...

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE..
We review every time there is a change and at that point we aim to do the full review, that way the review is more than yearly.

To aid us in this we have a form too. I tried cutting and pasting which failed so I've attached the file.

Attached Files

3 Thanks

Simon,

We detail:

Process being reviewed
Date of review
Date of last review

Has the process changed?

Appreciable work Yorkshire!
Thx for sharing

Thank you all for the valuable information and insights.

Similar Discussion Topics
HACCP Plan for Frozen Meat HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Fair Price to charge for developing 2 HACCP plans HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree HACCP Flow charts and 'confidentiality' Implementing HACCP/BRC for a Logistics Company Is HACCP broken?