What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Pareto Chart

Started by , Aug 02 2004 06:33 PM
13 Replies
Follow the link below and download a free ‘How to Pareto Chart' guide - in PDF format. The guide includes an overview of pareto charts, when and when not to use them, how to use them; as well as exercises for getting started...

http://www.saferpak....areto_chart.htm

Regards,
Simon
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Free Quality Tools - Pareto, Cause & Effect Excel Templates Applying Pareto Principle to Kaizen
[Ad]
Hi,Simpson!
The pareto file was v ery help ful for me in under standing.
Can u please guide me understanding the link between SPC & SQC?
Actuaaly i hv tried lot frm google, hv found good doc., but still i want some thing simple & straight as i am at my initial stage of learning the Statistical controls in process.
Also my process is age old proces of flour milling & i want to apply statistical control in my process for better understanding. I dont hv any software infarstructure.

regards,
kapil.
Can anyone help Kapil out?
Kapil,
Do you have access to a pc? If so, do you haver access to Microsoft Excel?
Wallace.
Thank u, Simon
This pdf file is very useful for me
:-( The link to the pareto chart webpage doesn't work anymore... help anyone?

:-( The link to the pareto chart webpage doesn't work anymore... help anyone?

I know - apologies Susan. The link is to a webpage at saferpak (my other site) and it will be back up in a few days.

The reason it's down is because I've moved the site to another web host, but I cannot change the named servers beause I no longer have access to the email address which I originally registered the domain name with. I have requested a change of email owner, which will allow me to change the named servers for the domain to the new host and then once propogated it will be back online. In the meantime my old hosting plan ran out. Does anyone understand this; almost as complicated as ISO 22000. The simple reason it's down - I messed up big time.

Please check again in a couple of days Susan.

Regards,
Simon

Does anyone understand this

I don't Simon, looking forward to downloading stuff from old Saferpak website mate

I don't Simon, looking forward to downloading stuff from old Saferpak website mate

Neither do I mate. Anyway it's back up now.
Thank you Simon . It was worth its weight(all the 25 pages). I have forwarded it duly to our GM who is on a 'clean-up' mission in the main factory these days.

Best Regards,

A Sankara Narayanan
Dear Sankara,

Just curious.

I have forwarded it duly to our GM who is on a 'clean-up' mission in the main factory these days.

Is this related to ISO 22000 ?

Rgds / Charles.C

Thank you Simon . It was worth its weight (all the 25 pages). I have forwarded it duly to our GM who is on a 'clean-up' mission in the main factory these days.

Not on the same page as you with this one SM. Is the GM going to use the many paged document to hit the cleaners with?

Regards,
Simon
Dear Charles & Simon,

Our food additive division is only a part of the factory which in fact deals with timber, plywood, veneer etc. After attending the opening and closing meetings during the certification audit, may be he got an inspiration to emulate our achievements in the main factory too. The best way to translate them into action was to form a committee of senior managers and assign them responsibilities of setting the house in order. When I went through the attachment(I liked particularly the Pareto principle which says that 80% of the trouble comes from 20% of the problems), I thought it could be helpful. After setting things somewhat OK GM could use the Pareto principles to his advantage I believe.

Best Regards,

A Sankara Narayanan
Yes it certainly is a simple and effective tool - clever Mr Pareto.

Similar Discussion Topics
Free Quality Tools - Pareto, Cause & Effect Excel Templates Applying Pareto Principle to Kaizen