What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

New Member from Sri Lanka (based in Ghana)

Started by , May 30 2007 07:52 PM
3 Replies
My name is Lalith Gunatillake, I'm very much pleased to get in to this forum and to be with you to share the knowledge. Even though I was not a member in the forum, I always got lot of knowledge from you all through my colleague SANKARA. It was very helpful for us to get in to our ISO 22000 certification. First of all thanks for everybody who gave comments/suggestions to us.

I am a Sri Lankan having a B Sc in Biological Science (Sri Lanka), M Phil in Chemistry (Sri Lanka) and a postgraduate diploma for Advanced research in Chemistry and Chemical Engineering (Japan). My experiences lie in the field of Chemical research (Natural products & protoplast separation, Chemical Analysis, AFM imaging and Behavioral studies of insects etc). Don’t look at me as an idiot to a food forum with these experiences.

Though I am a Sri Lankan now I am based in Ghana for almost two years. I am engaged in production of certain sweetener called Thaumatin. (So now there is some connection to food).

Our product Thaumatin is 3000 times sweeter than normal sugar and produced under very hygienic conditions. (We obtained the recommendation for ISO 22000:2005 certification yesterday after a very tuff audit.) Though it is a sweetener it is not a carbohydrate and is a protein. So it is good news for you if you have diabetic. This can be use in pharmaceutical preparations, ice creams & other milk products, and many other preparations.

Ok, will talk about the product later. I am married and have one son. My wife, I met her in University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanaka (Batch mate). My son, he likes the Ghanian School and friends very much. So we all live in Ghana.

If anybody wants to know more about Thaumatin ask it. They are always more than welcome.

Please help me, if somebody knows about best methods for detection of E. Coli in food additives (A powder).

Regards to all

Lalith Gunatillake
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Member of the Month - April 2024 Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? Member of the Month - March 2024 Glad to become a member New member
[Ad]
Hello Lalith, fantastic to have you as a member, thanks for telling us about yourself. It’s nice to see the Sri Lankan flag at last.
Anyway I’ve got this pet fruit fly and it seems rather depressed, can you help? Only joking.

So that it doesn’t get missed I’ve posted your question here:

Best methods for detection of E. Coli in food additives (A powder)

By the way congratulations on the ISO 22000 Certfication.

Regards,
Simon

Hello Lalith, fantastic to have you as a member, thanks for telling us about yourself. It’s nice to see the Sri Lankan flag at last.
Anyway I’ve got this pet fruit fly and it seems rather depressed, can you help? Only joking.

So that it doesn’t get missed I’ve posted your question here:

Best methods for detection of E. Coli in food additives (A powder)

By the way congratulations on the ISO 22000 Certfication.

Regards,
Simon

Dear Simon,
Thanks, I will check it now.
Regards,
Lalith
Hello Lalith, welcome with us in the forum, and congratulations for ISO22000
from EGYPT,
mohamed NEGM

Similar Discussion Topics
Member of the Month - April 2024 Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? Member of the Month - March 2024 Glad to become a member New member New Member HACCP Guidance Plant Based Protein Meat Alternatives. Member of the Month - February 2024 Multicriteria-based ranking for risk management of food-borne parasite Member of the Month - January 2024