What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

The Role of Citric Acid in Ketosis

Started by , Oct 26 2007 09:33 AM
1 Reply
Hi everyone,

This is more a food science question than a Technical. Does anyone know the role citric acid plays in ketosis?

Thanks
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Passivation Acid vs CIP Yeast and Latic Acid limits for Poultry Shelf Life Testing PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score) Seeking Advice on Transitioning to a Consulting Role What is the suggested nitric acid and phosphoric acid ratio for CIP?
[Ad]
If I have dragged up my hazy memories correctly then I think that Citric acid prevents Ketosis from occuring, it is the very absence of citric acid that leads to ketosis, if citric acid is present then metabolism occurs via the Krebs Cycle (the desired route unless you are desperate to burn off some fat!)

But don't quote me on any of that

Similar Discussion Topics
Passivation Acid vs CIP Yeast and Latic Acid limits for Poultry Shelf Life Testing PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score) Seeking Advice on Transitioning to a Consulting Role What is the suggested nitric acid and phosphoric acid ratio for CIP? The role of research in supporting good safety practices in the food sector Low acid energy drinks labeling Transitioning from hot fill to cold fill for Low acid refrigerated dairy product Role of Protein in Chocolate Emulsion Hot fill and acid in acidified food