What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Internal Audit

Started by , Jan 12 2005 09:03 AM
5 Replies
For internal audits the general BRC clause states:

"The Company shall audit those systems and procedures, which are critical to product safety, legality and quality, to ensure thay are in place and appropriately complied with."

On our site we have 2 indepenent audits a year, BRC/IFS, at six monthly intervals. I count these audits as part of our "internal" audit schedule. Areas which we deem to need increased frequency are then scheduled for internal audit.

Am I justified as counting these part of our internal audit schedule, or because they are carried out by 3rd parties are they discounted?

Our BRC auditor seemed to think so.

Your comments please.
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices BRC Internal Auditing Query FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist SQF Internal Audit Documentation question SQF Edition 9 - Internal Audit
[Ad]
Refer to ISO 9000:2000 QMS-Fundamentals and Vocabulary

Internal audits, sometimes called first-party audits, are conducted by,or on behalf of, the organization itself for internal purposes and can form the basis for an organization's self-declaration of conformity.

NY

Am I justified as counting these part of our internal audit schedule, or because they are carried out by 3rd parties are they discounted?

Our BRC auditor seemed to think so.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its an internal audit...but carried out by a third party. I don't think you can count it. Are the IFS and BRC auditors of the same opinion?

Regards,
Simon
Our IFS audit is due again in June. I will ask the auditor then.

Internal audits, sometimes called first-party audits, are conducted by,or on behalf of, the organization

If these are independent audits carried out on your behalf or instruction and the reports are given to the team or management, then, I would consider them as part of your internal audits whether scheduled or unscheduled.

However, if these audits are part of your wider yearly "supplier's assurance program" carried out by your buyers - then, they cannot be part of your internal; audit BUT it does provide information about your system to support your M. Review.

Charles Chew
Thanks for the info Charles.

The BRC and IFS are not a customer requirement as we do not supply supermarket own labels, however some of our customers do want to see our certification as part of their "due diligence" systems.

Similar Discussion Topics
Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices BRC Internal Auditing Query FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist SQF Internal Audit Documentation question SQF Edition 9 - Internal Audit Internal Audit Assesment FSSC Internal auditor competency Frequency of Internal Audits Internal auditing and non-conformance reporting software systems Quantifying internal audit tasks