What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Website / Forum Moved To New Server

Started by , Apr 14 2008 09:24 AM
21 Replies
Due to ongoing speed and availability issues with the website we have moved the website and forums to a new server over the weekend.

It can take up to 24 hours to fully propogate to the new server, meaning some people may still be looking at the site on the old server.

If you can see this message it means you are viewing the forums at the new server. Please reply to say you can see us and where you are located in the world.

Hopefully this move will improve the performance issues we have been experiencing. Please also say if you notice a difference in download speed either way.

Thanks,
Simon
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Is there a website to check if a Certification Body is Accredited? Looks like the FDA eCFR website was updated New to the website Nutrition Label on box versus label on website only How often do you visit the IFSQN website?
[Ad]
Hi Simon,

I'm in the UK - not seen a huge improvement yet but I'll let you know.
Hi Simon,

I located in United Arab Emirates and have not felt any difference so far.

Regards,

J
Hello from Malaysia. Looks like we're on the new server and everything looks fine also. Was unable to log in this morning.
i can seeeeeeee yooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuu

caz..yn..cymru!
Dear Simon,

Definitely seems more responsive at moment, old one had a tendency to get stuck when opening and between pages for me. But so many potential other factors here and there that only time will prove consistency.

Also still watching for an unintended change in site (broken links?)

Rgds / Charles.C
Thanks for all your feedback. Well we're on the new server, there appears to be a slight improvement in speed and I've got loads of things broken on the website to fix.
I'd say it has speeded up - probably by about 30-40%.

I'd say it has speeded up - probably by about 30-40%.

Thanks GMO that's helpful. Especially as I now know of two more reasons why there has been slowdown that can be addressed. Hopefully we will be up to full speed in a few days. I'll take another poll then.

Cheers,
Simon
I've made one of the changes to speed up the site. It's related to the ads at the side. I was using javascript to render them and now I'm using Iframes. I was told it is much quicker.

It's early days, but I'm noticing a big increase in speed.

What about you?
Smiles faster! Good work mate.

Smiles faster! Good work mate.

Thanks GMO. There's nothing worse than a sluggish website.

Anyone else feel the difference?

I've made one of the changes to speed up the site. It's related to the ads at the side. I was using javascript to render them and now I'm using Iframes. I was told it is much quicker.

It's early days, but I'm noticing a big increase in speed.

What about you?

I've made all the changes now and for me the website is responding fine; as fast if not faster than ever. Thankfully.

Regards,
Simon
Hi Simon,

I have found this fast and has no problems. This is an interesting site.

Keep up the work

Hi Simon,

I have found this fast and has no problems. This is an interesting site.

Keep up the work

Thanks for the feedback Rita.

Simon
Is it me or has my lovely picture of Bunsen disappeared???
Dear GMO,

A burner by name and .....

(Actually I thought it was G. Brown).

Appears to be a general phenomenon.

Rgds / Charles.C
Yes thanks guys. I will put a support ticket in. The images are still there on the server, but something is preventing them from displaying. Look s like fall-out form the server move. You fix one thing and...

Simon
from Philippines - everything seems to be fine

from Philippines - everything seems to be fine

Thanks for the feedback Joice. And welcome to the forums.
Hi,

Been quite some time since i login due to network limitations in my company.

But hey, im happy to be back, and the site feels as good as new

Rgds,
Eugene

Hi,

Been quite some time since i login due to network limitations in my company.

But hey, im happy to be back, and the site feels as good as new

Rgds,
Eugene

Glad you got your connection fixed Eugene - welcome back!

Thanks for the feedback on the speed of the site. We had a few problems, but thankfully we got them all sorted.

Regards,
Simon

Similar Discussion Topics
Is there a website to check if a Certification Body is Accredited? Looks like the FDA eCFR website was updated New to the website Nutrition Label on box versus label on website only How often do you visit the IFSQN website? Is it a requirement to list a products allergens on a website? BRCGS Audits Affected by Coronavirus (official statement on BRCGS website) IFSQN Website Statistics - Comparison YTD 2019 v 2018 Contamination source on FDA Recall, Withdrawal, Alert Website Carver Shock Software removed from FDA website?