What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF - will it last?

Started by , May 12 2008 12:19 PM
7 Replies
Safe Quality Foods as a Standard is gaining popularity in the U.S., largely due to a push from Wal-Mart and other retailers. It's an expensive system to implement and fund the audits. Does anyone have an opinion on it's long term viability? Which Standard has a more widely accepted audience - SFQ, BRC or ISO?

Does anyone have experience to show that it improves the bottom line as well as satisfies customer requirements?
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
[Ad]
Dear Cathy,

A few previous comments here -

http://www.ifsqn.com...?showtopic=4401

Some positive, some so-so

Rgds / Charles.C
IMHO, despite the support from certain sectors, SQF is not going anywhere

Safe Quality Foods as a Standard is gaining popularity in the U.S., largely due to a push from Wal-Mart and other retailers. It's an expensive system to implement and fund the audits. Does anyone have an opinion on it's long term viability? Which Standard has a more widely accepted audience - SFQ, BRC or ISO?

Does anyone have experience to show that it improves the bottom line as well as satisfies customer requirements?

Depends who you ask Cathy. In this business there are lot's of vested interests who like to promote their standard and knock the competition. The only true measures is the number of Certifications (registrations), but this information is very difficult to get hold of from Certification Bodies (registrars) as they don't like to tell the competition how well (or badly) they are doing. Accurate infomation is probably only available from the standard owners e.g. BRC or SQF. Why not ask them for some statistics.

If you get anywhere I would love to see them.

Regards,
Simon
Hi,

I am concern with SQF Program. I wuld to see outside there a complete toolbox for SQF as we have for other standards like ISO 22000.

Can someone tell me if there is any company or organisation who already built and offering full and complete SQF kit or toolbox already made in template?

Thank you for your reply.

Mr Traceability
I've never come across one for SQF Mr Traceability. Maybe a gap in the market?

Regards,
Simon
Or a case of supply and demand ??

I get the feeling this option has had negligible penetration so far ???? Maybe it's too easy to understand ???

Charles.C
Also possible yes Charles.

Similar Discussion Topics