What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Food Safety Objectives - Examples

Started by , May 21 2008 11:36 PM
11 Replies
Hello,

I'm updating the quality management system (now based on ISO 9000), to integrate the ISO 22000 and new BRC standard.

Can anyone give me some examples of "Food safety objectives", required by the BRC issue 5?

Many thanks,
Filipa
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]
Dear filipa:

Some examples are:-

1) To control the total bacteria count in the end product to less than 10^2 cfu/g.

2) To control the total coliform count on food contact surfaces during monthly swab test to zero count throughout the year.

3) To achieve the total training hours of food safety training to minimum 12 hours per year per employee

Etc.

Yong
3 Thanks
To add to Yong's examples here is alink to previous discussion on food safety objectives, I just checked and there are lot's of examples.

Measurable Objectives for a Food Safety Policy

Regards,
Simon
2 Thanks
Hi Filipa,

Just one more:

After your HACCP system runs dynamically and every one is involved start counting how often you find new hazards that are overlooked.
A very low number tells you either everything runs smoothly or the opposite, people do not take action to participate.
High counts tell you that there are flaws in your way of working.

Have a nice day, Okido
1 Thank
Hello,

Many thanks for your replies.

Congratulations for this Forum. Is very interesting and we can learn so much....

Filipa

Hello,

Many thanks for your replies.

Congratulations for this Forum. Is very interesting and we can learn so much....

Filipa

It's people like you Filipa and the members who help out who make it what it is. Without you it's nothing. Please come back often.

Regards,
Simon
Does anyone give me more examples of "Food safety objectives",??
You can state in food safetyobjective for FY 2009 is :

1. Reduce the consumer complaint from 3 to 1 per year

2. Increase the GMP score from 90 % compliance to 95 % compliance..

etc..
Dear AS NUR:

how do set a measureable objectives regarding the "implemented, communication, maintained" which stated in policy?? can give me a example??

Dear AS NUR:

how do set a measureable objectives regarding the "implemented, communication, maintained" which stated in policy?? can give me a example??

Carine you already had an answer to your question here.

Measureable objectives regarding the "implemented, communication, maintained" relating to the Policy

If you have any further comments related to that answer provided please ask on that thread and discuss with Tony-C who posted the information for you.

Regards,
Simon
1 Like
Think the standard actually asks for Food Safety and Quality objectives.

well i found out now thar FSO are made department wise...is that necessary? and please post some more objective4

(thanks to this post of 2008)

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Food safety culture plan Food contact surfaces