What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Euro 2008 Competition

Started by , May 27 2008 09:02 PM
Previous Page 1
48 Replies
The Euro 2008 football (soccer) competition takes place (without England) in Austria & Switzerland from 07-29 June 2008. To celebrate this feast of football we’re throwing another electrifyingly exciting and free to enter IFSQN forums competition.

http://en.euro2008.uefa.com

http://en.euro2008.u...ches/index.html

Competition Instructions

We want you to post what you think the average number of goals scored per match for the competition will be. Please post to two decimal places e.g. 2.34, 1.97 etc. That’s it.

Competition Rules

- Competition is open to all forum members
- Only one entry per member
- Includes all games played in the competition e.g. all group games, knockout games and final
- Includes every (legitimate) goal that hits the back of the net including goals scored in extra time and penalty shoot outs
- Before posting your average please check all previous selections made as in case of duplication it will be the first post that has the average

Competition Prize

1 x replica sports shirt delivered direct to your door anywhere in the world

Winner Selection

The one who gets closest to the actual average number of goals scored per match for the competition. In the event of a tie we tear the sports-shirt in half. No not really we will have two winners who will each receive a sports-shirt of their choice.

Deadlines

Closing date for entries – Friday 06 June at midnight GMT. Winner to be announced directly after the conclusion of the final on 29 June.

I hope the above is all straightforward enough. Please post your comments and clarification questions below.

Regards,
Simon

Attached Files

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Euro 2008 Competition Updates Thread Euro 2004 Competition Euro 2004 Competition #2 Euro 2004 Competition Euro 2004 Competition
[Ad]
The average number of goals per match will be

Regards,
Costas

PS: My best of good luck to Greece
Hi,

Average Goals will be 2.19

regards
Hi

Average 2.89 goals per game

A

Thank you for this, at least it will give me some interest in the thing.

I predict the average will be 2.62

BB
I've no idea, I'm a rugby fan!

Regards,

Steve
Dear Simon,

( no prize for guessing where that came from )

Rgds / Charles.C
How about 2.46
I would say... 2.28... Its a good number I guess...
Hi

My estimate of average number of goals will be

Rgds

pkallep
I'll plump for 2.37.

I think the average will be lower than usual as there will be no England quarter final shoot-out
I will take 2.22 please.
Love soccer, due to time difference here in Atlanta at best I will be able to see the highlights at Euro 2008. But first there's the big one at Wembley tonight. I will watch that one live on ESPN Classic. U.S.A. U.S.A

For the competition I'll take 2.33
Great response so far folks. I will create a spreadsheet of all averages posted and update it at the end of each day.

Any more takers?
Hi everyone!
My guess is 2,75 (don't ask how I came up with this number)
Good luck to GREECE!
Regards
KellyB
The average will be 1.97
Hello, my guess is 2.62... mmm just a mix from my lucky numbers so let's see if they'll bring me any luck this time hehe.
best regards!!
Hi
My guess is 2.8

Best wishes / Sujit
i hope germany or portugal can win the game.. and the goals average is 1.95
Im not a soccer fan, but i'll try my luck

My guess will be 2.49

Its an average of all your guesses. Wahaaha~!
here goes .....1.725
I predict approx an average of 2.63 - Ronaldo top scorer!
i think 2.29

hersu
Previous Page 1

Similar Discussion Topics
Euro 2008 Competition Updates Thread Euro 2004 Competition Euro 2004 Competition #2 Euro 2004 Competition Euro 2004 Competition