What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Internal Environment Standards

Started by , Mar 10 2005 03:48 PM
11 Replies
BRF Food Standard
3.2.1.9 - "The location of all transfer points shall not compromise high risk and low risk segragation and practices shall be in place to minimise risk of product contaminations" e.g. disinfection

Can someone comment on what is meant by "location of transfer points"

Regards
Charles Chew
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices BRC Internal Auditing Query FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist SQF Internal Audit Documentation question SQF Edition 9 - Internal Audit
[Ad]
Please ignore subject. I have figured it out what it means.

Charles Chew

Please ignore subject. I have figured it out what it means.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What does it mean? I'd still like to know.

Simon

The location of all transfer points shall not compromise high risk and low risk segragation and practices shall be in place to minimise risk of product contaminations" e.g. disinfection

Simon,

IMO its exactly what it means...............whether pre-determined, permanent or temporary transfer points of food products - it must be located in an area where it does not compromise the original intention of segregating high risk and low risk operations including the practices designed to minimise risk contamination.

Do you agree!

Charles Chew

Do you agree!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Erm I think so. An example would help to cut through the verbiage.

Regards,
Simon
Frozen product from a processing area (high care & high risk area) going into transfer point No. 1 at a hygienic and enclosed loading bay and transfer point No. 2 into a pre-cooled reefer container.

Is this ?????????

Charles Chew

Is  this ?????????

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sure is, thank you. 3.2.1.9 makes perfect sense.

Regards,
Simon
Dear Friends,

I think it means when you would like to enter the high risk area (e.g. cooked shrimp processing room) from low risk area (re.g. raw shrimp processing room), it is needed to change your cloth or cover with hygienic protective clothings.
Hi Narongchai,
Thats another valid viewpoint. It also specifically mentioned about "disinfection" as an example
so I might be wrong too!

Would be good if someone with experience should help clarify this.

Charles Chew
I think the handwashing station and other facilities including methods of disinfection (e.g. alcohol dispensor, iodophore dispensor) shall be installed at that point.
Why can't they just write in plain simple English for all to understand. Even Simon has problem figuring this out

Charles Chew

Even Simon has problem figuring this out

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That doesn't prove a lot.
Simon

Similar Discussion Topics
Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices BRC Internal Auditing Query FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist SQF Internal Audit Documentation question SQF Edition 9 - Internal Audit Internal Audit Assesment FSSC Internal auditor competency Frequency of Internal Audits Internal auditing and non-conformance reporting software systems Quantifying internal audit tasks