What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

HACCP approved solvents

Started by , Sep 08 2008 01:54 PM
5 Replies
Hi guys,

We're having a problem removing extremely sticky labels/glue from a particular type of bottle we are receiving. These certain bottles go through a 6 stage caustic wash and not only does the caustic wash NOT remove the label/glue but this particular glue is also gumming up the machinery itself. We have tried using a 50% solution of FatSolve, however this has proved to not be a strong enough cleaning agent. Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What HACCP/ Food Safety plan does salsa fall under HACCP in Bakery - Food Regulations India HACCP and BRC accreditation in the UK HACCP and BRC accreditation for a UK storage and distribution business HACCP and HARPC training
[Ad]
This probably won't help you. Your query led me to google and this website Chemical Profiles

If you do happen to find a chemical you can use at least you will be able to find data on it.

Brendon
An apology in advance if this is another stupid idea, your post intrigues me and I just had to post this.

Removing Labels from Jars and Cans

Amongst the ideas the winner appears to be peanut butter.

I promise not to post any more.

Brendon
Dear Brendon,

. Some (slightly) OT is very cathartic IMO. Hopefully Arusinas won't object.

@ Arusinas. Actually my first thought was to contact the label supplier. They may well have had this query before or know the source of the (super) glue ?? Tried already ?

Rgds / Charles.C
we have already spoken with the supplier and they are discontinuing use of the adhesive. However, there are still a large number of said bottles in circulation, which we will encounter for the next few months. the glue is not only a problem on the bottles but also gums up our bottle washer, hence the need for a good adhesive remover.
Dear Arusinas,

The supplier is also the manufacturer ? (usually the best source for information). Must admit not an expert on adhesives however I would think knowledge of the type of chemical involved would help to suggest an appropriate solvent. IMEX, composition data is minimum required for official approval of food grade adhesives ? maybe not in Canada ?

Rgds / Charles.C

Similar Discussion Topics
What HACCP/ Food Safety plan does salsa fall under HACCP in Bakery - Food Regulations India HACCP and BRC accreditation in the UK HACCP and BRC accreditation for a UK storage and distribution business HACCP and HARPC training Compressor for HACCP HACCP and SQF Certification Implementing HACCP/BRC for a Logistics Company HACCP plan for cold smoked trout HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree