What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Calibration Frequency of PH Meter

Started by , Sep 18 2008 10:55 PM
10 Replies
Hi

Would like to get your opinion about using of PH meter. If you we are using the PH meter full 24 hours. How often we need to calibrate with standard buffer? Just once is enough? I check the PH records always found the information in the night shift show low PH…or the technician stuffed it up? :P

Any idea to share please… ?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Reference document for setting oven calibration frequency Calibration Certificate Expiration Metal Detector Validation vs Calibration (11.2.10.2) Calibrated equipment found out of calibration Infrared Thermometer Calibration
[Ad]
in my company. we always calibrate pH meter twice per day every morning and afternoon... the purpose of that is to make sure the pH meter always ready for measurement...
Anyone else got real life experience to share with cancan?
Dear Cancan,

When I was working in CSD industry with 24 hours operation, it was mandatory to calibrate once every shift especially, the pH meter, TDS meter and spectrophotometer due to constant usage.
1 Like
Dear Cancan
Besides the recommendations from AS Nur and J, I suggest you need to calibrate it externally by using accredited body. In my place, we internally calibrate it once in a day, and externally calibrate it once in every year.

You might concern to train your operators with well too, not only how to use it, but also how to clean and take care of it. Considering that the electrode bulb is very sensitive. Another suggest, attached Work Instruction on the wall might gives a big helps on my experience

Hope might helps you.

Regards,

Arya
Dear CANCAN...

To monitoring calibration process.. you should have "notebook" to check performance pH meter and to make sure that calibartaion people doing the job with the right think...
Hello,
In my experience, and in the literature, calibration once per shift, and more if pH meter use if very high, is advised.
From what i read we are all right.

Calibrate internally AT LEAST once a day and externally ( by accredited lab/ company) AT LEAST once a year.
I would do it at least once during the start up of each shift.

But for the calibration by an outside lab I am not to sure. Why would you calibrate a pH meter that you use known certified standards by an accredited lab. Maybe for a PM standpoint.
Dear Cancan

All the former opinions are also ok for me but also I would take into consideration how important is that measurement in your process, I mean, if that result concerns to a critical control or just to an additional control in your process.

It would be interesting to know what kind of food you are taking the pH on

Sincerely
Esther
THANKS ALL :)

Got an idea..once (a day) never enough

Similar Discussion Topics
Reference document for setting oven calibration frequency Calibration Certificate Expiration Metal Detector Validation vs Calibration (11.2.10.2) Calibrated equipment found out of calibration Infrared Thermometer Calibration Acceptable tolerance of calibration measurement equipment Area Thermometer Calibration Do calibration weights need to be traceable or ISO certified? Frequency of External Calibration of Analytical Balance and Incubator External Calibration