What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

ISO 9001:2007/8

Started by , Jul 12 2005 06:59 AM
12 Replies
Can you help me somebody?Do you know some information about new upcomenig revision of the standard ISO 9001:2007(8)?Thanks David
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Integrating ISO 9001-2015 and ISO 22000-2018 in Facilities Management & Catering Services off sites in canteens, Corporate, Hospitals and schools Suggestions on food safety program best fit with ISO 9001 Determining who is responsible for each clause in ISO 9001:2015 Gap Audit Report for ISO 9001? Is ISO 9001 required to be certified FSSC 22000?
[Ad]
Hello David,

I have heard the next revision of ISO 9001 will be only very minor. The powers that be fear any further ‘major' upgrade of the Standard would frighten off yet more people. The London Olympics 2012 will have been and gone before the revision after next - and that's a long, long way away.

Regards,
Simon

Do you know some information about new upcomenig revision of the standard ISO 9001:2007(8)

Try this link ISO 9001:2008 major changes - july 2005
Thanks Franco,

It seems like a lot of clarifications rather than anything new or major. This should help to put your mind at rest David.

Regards,
Simon

Try this link ISO 9001:2008 major changes - july 2005

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Franco

Unless I'm mistaken, that list is Christopher Paris' idea of what should change.

It may bear no relation at all to what will change.
I see some inevitable changes in the proposed ISO 9001:2008 to run parallel with the soon to be released ISO 22000. A lot of the proposals appear to be on food safety issues.

Charles Chew

Franco

Unless I'm mistaken, that list is Christopher Paris' idea of what should change.

It may bear no relation at all to what will change.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't believe everything you read…especially on the internet. So what do you think Jim will it be a case of clarifying and tidying up rather than anything drastic? Is there anything in particular you would like to see changed?

Regards,
Simon

Don't believe everything you read…especially on the internet.

This is the only English version I found on the Internet.

I have an Italian copyrighted PDF file, dated february 2005 and that's all.

This is the only English version I found on the Internet.

I have an Italian copyrighted PDF file, dated february 2005 and that's all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you tell us Franco, anything major or mostly minor stuff?

Thanks,
Simon

Is there anything in particular you would like to see changed?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

O yes, Simon!

I'd like to see the so-called 'standards' left alone in favour of a major review of the processes of certification.

Well - I can dream fruitlessly, can't I?

Can you tell us Franco, anything major or mostly minor stuff?

Major changes for 9004, minor changes for 9001.

ISO survey has turned out points that needs to be reviewed in 9001:

4.1 Outsourced processes
4.2 Document control
7.5 Production and service provision
7.3 Design and development
8.2 Monitoring and measurement
8.5 Improvement

9004 proposed title: "Managing for sustainable success - quality of management systems". Should be based upon japanese standard TR Q 0005:2005 Quality Management System - Guidelines for sustainable growth.

A couple of interesting links.

TC 176 document status report - june 2005

TC 176 official interpretations
I have heard a rumour from a guy who sits on the EMS Technical committee

He thinks there will be a re-introduction of requirements for documented procedures more in line with ISO14001.

in effect the process control aspects will need to be controlled by documented procedures

I would also not be surprised if they put in a requirement for a documented design procedure (most people have one anyway)

for clarification it is worth checking out the following websites as these tend to drive changes

Auditing Practices group

ISO9001 interpretations.

Bearing in mind the 4 years that it took to not change the ISO14K don't be surprised if the new 9K isn't out until 2010 at the earliest
The link provided is not my opinion of what should change, but rather a summary of what WILL change based on the ISO 9001:2008 design specification.

This list was provided to me as a member of the US TAG to TC 176, and incudes no personal opinions whatsoever. I joined the TAG too late to have any impact on the 2008 revisions.

CP

Similar Discussion Topics
Integrating ISO 9001-2015 and ISO 22000-2018 in Facilities Management & Catering Services off sites in canteens, Corporate, Hospitals and schools Suggestions on food safety program best fit with ISO 9001 Determining who is responsible for each clause in ISO 9001:2015 Gap Audit Report for ISO 9001? Is ISO 9001 required to be certified FSSC 22000? Cross reference between BRC Packaging issue 6 and ISO 9001:2015 ISO 9001 9.2.1 - Customer File Review For Artwork and Labelling Issues How to best construct the quality system for ISO 9001 and IFS? Next step of certification after ISO 9001? Is the process approach in ISO 22000:2018 similar to ISO 9001?