mohamed ahmed yusuf

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 190 posts
  • 40 thanks
Good

• Egypt
    Egypt
  • Interests:Reading, Listening music, handball , volleyball, food safety, drawing , R&D, Photoshop

Posted 02 November 2019 - 06:48 PM

Hello,

I'm facing a problem with doing internal audit on ISO 9001:2015, problem is about determining who is responsible for each clause in ISO 9001:2015, i find it little difficult, so could anybody help me with this?

Thanks for your support and concern!  

M.Yusuf

GMO

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,849 posts
  • 726 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 05 November 2019 - 07:10 AM

I would say that's more down to your food safety culture rather than there being a "right answer" you don't know.

The company I work for now sees BRC as completely my job whereas in my old employer, the different functions saw it as a group effort.  My suggestion is starting at the top.  Talk to the most senior person on site and ask for their support in some of their teams owning part of the standard.  Responsibility if ownership and senior management commitment isn't there is pointless.

Thanked by 1 Member:

ReyemGuti

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Colombia
    Colombia

Posted 06 November 2019 - 07:14 PM

Hi

In general the responsabilities are like these:

chapter                                                 responsable

4, 5, 6.1, 6.2, 9.3, 10                                 Top management (Director, manager, CEO..)

5.1, 5.3, 6.3, 7.1, 9.1, 10                           second level of top mgt (sub directors..)

5.3, 6.3, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, 9.1, 10              Human Resources

5.1.2, 5.3, 6.1, 6.2.1d, 6.3,

7.1.3, 7.1.4, 7.1.5, 7.1.6, 7.5,

8.1, 8.2.2, 8.3, 8.4, 8.5, 8.6, 8.7,

9.1.1,9.1.3, 9.2, 10                                       production/operation managers (Includes: Design and Development, Planning, Maintenance,                                                QA/QC, metrology, documents control)

Thanked by 1 Member:

LesleySR

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 64 posts
  • 50 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 06 November 2019 - 07:34 PM

Hi Mohamed 

I see your point & this is a tricky one to handle if the site have always perceived ISO9001 as "a quality system" because it's a manufacturing system.

It took me a few attempts when I was working on this & I involved the site managers, who agreed to a cross functional meeting with all senior area managers so that each section could be allocated to a relevant person.  This showed that senior site management was fully supportive to working this way (so there could be no dispute at a later date!)

We're BRC at our sites but the same logic applies & now, after several meetings, we have full agreement of which manager "owns" which clause (and is therefore the owner of each internal audit).

Best of luck & I'm sure with the agreement & endorsement of the senior site manager you will be able to get this completed.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Emna96

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• France
    France

Posted 14 February 2023 - 03:44 PM

Hello, can anyone help me to implement ISO 9001:2015 i'm new in it, first steps

Share this