The SQF Codes are published by the Safe Quality Food Institute which is administered by the Food Marketing Institute (FMI). The SQF CODE is a GFSI benchmarked standard.
SQF certification is certification to one of the range of SQF Codes that the SQFI publish, the current codes edition 8 were published in April 2017, are expected to undergo GFSI benchmarking and include:
- SQF Food Safety Code for Primary Production
- SQF Food Safety Code for Food Retail
- SQF Food Safety Code for Manufacturing
- SQF Food Safety Code for the Manufacture of Food Packaging
- SQF Food Safety Code for Storage and Distribution
There is also and SQF Quality Code for those that wish to add quality to food safety certification.