What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Microbiological standard for water and compressed air

Started by , Aug 08 2005 07:16 AM
1 Reply
Who has experience with microbiological standards for water and compressed air that are used in the production of plastic packaging materials.
The water and air do not end up in the final product but have contact with the product in some stages of the production process.
The air quality is tested by leading some air trough a solution and than a count on colony forming bacteria is done.
Basically this seems OK to me.
But the labo that carried out this test did not take into account the volume of air that passed through the solution.

Who can shine some light on this subject?

Okido,

Remember to share good fortune with your friends
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Microbiological Test Standard High risk area with positive pressure and microbiological air filtration Microbiological testing of whole herb (berry, root, etc.) Microbiological testing Microbiological swabs in plastic films industries and it's limit
[Ad]

But the labo that carried out this test did not take into account the volume of air that passed through the solution.

It seems to me, we only find counts in the pharmaceutical literature (European Pharmakopöe), where we distinguish between clean-room classes. I do not think that they are useful for you!
Maybe you can validate how much counts are acceptable for your product?
However, a correlation between counts and volume seems to be neccessary, otherwise it might be a bit senseless...

Have a nice weekend!
Andrea

Similar Discussion Topics
Microbiological Test Standard High risk area with positive pressure and microbiological air filtration Microbiological testing of whole herb (berry, root, etc.) Microbiological testing Microbiological swabs in plastic films industries and it's limit Procedure for microbiological analysis Validating microbiological testing in-house Microbiological Limits for Finished Product Testing Microbiological Limits for non-dairy ice cream Microbiological criteria for Instant Noodle based on EU regulation